NVR5216-16P-4KS2E won't connect to IPC-HFW8232E-Z

apmonte

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I picked up a NVR5216-16P-4KS2E from Andy during the memorial day sale and have been struggling to get everything connected reliably. I think I've got all of my other cameras connected correctly now, with the exception of my two legacy 8232 cameras that just won't turn and stay green. The NVR detects them, and will set the IP, but the indicator will not turn green, or on the rare occasion that it does, will not stay connected. I've reset them multiple times, I've had them connected directly to the NVR, and also through an external PoE switch. It does seem that there is some interaction with the NVR that is causing the issue, because if I log into the external PoE switch 8232 (192.x.x.x), the interface is only active for a short time before it becomes unresponsive (reboot?). All equipment is Dahua and purchased through Andy.

ETA: I removed the 192.x.x.x 8232 from the NVR and am able to connect to it directly from the SmartPSS app.

Any thoughts?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure the login/pass for the camera is identical to that of the NVR?

OR alternately,
Using the pencil edit icon on the NVR camera registration page, have you entered the cameras login pass there?

Note this doesn't change the cameras credentials, it merely tells the NVR what the cameras login/pass is so that the NVR can log into it. ( if different than the credentials of the NVR)

Last edited:

apmonte

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Prior to posting, I've read through the above guide probably 10 times (well done by the way), as well as numerous other posts. All of my other cameras are working connected directly to the NVR. It's only the 8232 cameras that wouldn't connect. The password is the same as the NVR. I've used the pencil to edit it just to be sure. The cameras are connected right at the DVR or external PoE switch with short patch cables.

For whatever reason, I am now able to connect to both 8232 cameras. I did have to replace a run of cable to one of my other cameras this morning to get it working, but I'm not sure why that would have made a difference on the 8232's.

I do wish that the NVR would provide better diagnostics for connecting to cameras (password incorrect or whatever).

We'll call this closed for now. Thanks for the replies.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive had a few older models that took forever, like 30 minutes, to finally register with the NVR, in fact one was on old 8231. Never found a good reason for it, Could have been just that.