Odd IVS false alerts

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I still think bourbon would have led you to the answer faster, but congrats!
Unfortunately no bourbon around but did have a couple of beers after. Yeah, I've definitely done a few other things like that before. As Spiff says, likely will again. ; )

Based on two different cams doing the same thing, I should have thought more to that side. But I was down the cam rabbit hole and never seeing any motion associated with it to make me think motion as the cause. When I did first look at such things I didn't catch it so scratched that off and forgot about it. What made me finally realize what it was is that I pulled into the driveway after dark, the light brightened as it should. A second later I get one of the same alerts. Then the light in my head finally brightened. The way that the conditions were set up, I have the light only working after dark. But the sensor itself wasn't so conditioned. So it continued to change state as it should and another automation watching that triggered accordingly during the day also. One of the reasons that I stopped using it for that purpose was that it picked up too many other things as motion. So while seemingly random, it really wasn't. Just not motion that was in the view of the cam as I was looking at things.

Anyway... almost time for another beer.