Offline(Abnormal Network) error on camera confguration.

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is plugged into our network switch, the ipadrs of the camera is entered into the browser, userid/pw entered, and up comes the live view. The camera is then plugged into the nvr and the Abnormal Network error is received. There are four other cameras that do the same. The wierd thing is that once in awhile, one of them will work after fiddling with them-- so they are unstable. I did see on one of the posts that the wiring might be a problem.
Thanks
Mjj4golf

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make and model of the NVR ?
Make and model of the cameras ?

If the NVR uses POE switches the camera will need to have a different IP address than on the home network.
It is recommended that the NVR and cameras come form the same manufacture, so you do not lose features

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
All the equipment is Hikvision.
The NVR is a DS-7716 NI-I4/16p(B) - ipadrs: 192.168.0.203
Camera is DS-2CD2622FWD
The camera is set to IP adrs 192.168.0.29 which conforms to the LAN. In the NVR the adrs for the camera is 192.168.254.31 with the Connect adrs of 192.168.0.203:65016
Note: The NVR is a replacement for anothe NVR we had. The problem is happenning since the replacement.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The POE ports are on a different network then 192.168.0.xxx , The NVR has two IP addresses, for the home network and one for the POE ports. The POE port are not on the home network. Do a reset hard reset on the camera, this will mean opening the camera up. After you have done a reset plug camera into a POE port using a premade store bought short cable, remember what port you plugged the camera into, you must plug that camera into that specific port every time. DO NOT mix the ports and cameras up.

I do not known how to set the base POE address on that NVR.

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
The POE ports are on a different network then 192.168.0.xxx , The NVR has two IP addresses, for the home network and one for the POE ports. The POE port are not on the home network. Do a reset hard reset on the camera, this will mean opening the camera up. After you have done a reset plug camera into a POE port using a premade store bought short cable, remember what port you plugged the camera into, you must plug that camera into that specific port every time. DO NOT mix the ports and cameras up.

I do not known how to set the base POE address on that NVR.

mjj4golf

n3wb
Reaction score
A hard reset in the manner you suggested may not be possible because of the physical placement of the camera. Is there any other way? So basically your saying that the camera/s need to match up with the port they were originally setup. So when I replaced the NVR the camera/ss are looking for the same info as in the other NVR? Why do some of the cameras come online? Thanks for your reply.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinking if you can get to the live view, like you said, while you're in there, how about change the IP address to DHCP and then reconnect it to NVR. Orrrrrr if you know the IP address scheme inside NVR, Choose a 192.168.254.x address in range of the NVR Poe network. Like go to live view on NON NVR switch like you did before, turn off DHCP in camera, and make the camera 192.168.254.10 then save changes and it will dissappear, then plug it into a port on the NVR?