Ok... I give... Ports issues with Hikvision DS2-CD752mf

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hate to bother you guys.... And, I'm sure this is a simple rookie issue.

This is my first bout with a Hikvision, or cam that uses several ports to work with, and I successfully use Foscam stuff no issue. Been at this a few days now reading and trying. But, time to ask experienced experts :) BUT... This is an older cam, DS2-CD752mf, and do notice the DDNS fields won't allow DYNDNS url like a newer cam. Not sure if that is an issue. But, onward.

So far, through the HTTP port, I have been able to access the cam with SADP, and access functions and view the cam on iVMS4000. Login, access functions and view on local network via IE. All good.

BUT.... When I try to get in it on the net on the HTTP, via paid DYNDNS, I can only login, access functions and then get an error window on video called "channel 1 preview failed"

Other lesser cams work fine on the web, so something I'm not doing right with this Hikvision for sure, lol... And there's certainly some new stuff here for me that I don't get yet:)

I have changed ip address and ports to my needs.
IP 192.168.0.9 for the cam
device 54490
HTTP 54491
RTP 54492

I've forwarded these ports on the router. I first tried forwarding 54490-54492, then individually. 54490-54490, 54491-54491 etc. Neither way seemed to differ I'm a bit cloudy on the portforwarding thing. Bit I get it to work.

I assume I'm missing something with the RPT video feed or some other port setting, or port forwarding issue that I'm not knowledgeable of as a newb. Just odd it works fine locally, but then video is missing when I go on the web.

I also have a suspicion this older cam is a obviously an industrial model and potentially doesn't lend itself to remote viewing. Certain things are greyed out or aren't there on the settings, (DYNDNS etc), so maybe an issue there.

Thoughts, comments etc? Thank you so much!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
take a screen shot of your network settings tab in the camera as well as your port forward page on your router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What port are you trying when you log in remotely? http?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris pulls the stream from the rtsp port, it doesnt care about the http port. Your settings look ok, if you want to do a teamviewer session i can poke around the interface and router settings to see if there is something we missed.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don't mind too much, I'd greatly appreciate the input. It's not an amazing camera, but I probably need to figure this out for education's sake, lol. What would you like me to do?

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to send a sincere shout of thanks to Fenderman for his generous technical assistance and time on a Saturday afternoon. I would not have figured this out ANYTIME too soon without his expert assistance on multiple levels.

Yes, a person can read all they want, but there is most always something missing that is only known through experience.

Thanks again!