Ok I have 2 options Advise

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought you had already purchased a 16 ch device as it was only a few dollars more?
I di but I can return it. I did find a manufacturer date of 08/2018. SO not to bad I guess. But if the iptalk one is better. I got time to switch.

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I got all my cables ran and all I have to do is put in the cameras when I decided which ones. Hopefully I have a final answer tuesday night on the cameras. The IR will be here monday, starlight on tuesday. I am thinking that I will most likely need the IR with the starlight as well. WHy do they not have just a reg lens starlight? I looked all over empire site on amazon but I ended up getting the $129 one vari.lens. I didnt really want that more money for no reason since I will have a ptz later on. Didnt have the time(shipping wise) to go thru his china site where he said he could do better prices.

I got a lot of the computer stuff figured out and mostly done except remote viewing by cell. I had to do all this computer/internet stuff without a vlan and did the best I could to minimize the risk. Not the best but hell I really dont have anything on my home computers anyway nor does the family. SO its not like they can get a hell of a lot.I am about as unplugged as you can get and still be online. My life doesnt revolve around a computer or cell phone like most.

My brothers neighbor convinced him to get a reolink. Sure hope his system doesnt turn out better then mine. I will never hear the end of it.

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The tendelux bi18 200ft IR flood light is the shit!!! It worked wonders I am perfectly happy with the 6mp and IR light so the starlight should be better.The STarlight will be here tomorrow. Can you do anything on the motion blur at night at 140 ft with these cameras? At that distance i do have quit a bit sorta looks like a ghost at times.

How high do you guys mount IR lights? I assumed the higher the better but just playing with this tonight around 5 to 6 ft produced way better results for some reason.

The ir light gives me very close to the same FOV as the camera at 140ft and I can see the trees on the other side of the road clearly so it is throwing a good 150 to 160 ft. You can see a faint red of the ir' s but at that distance these damn rednecks around here will just think it is a glow in the dark sticker or something.LOL It doesnt stick out as bad as I thought it would.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink is utter trash, plain and simple. As a company and a product.
You are doing a LOT of spinning your wheels because you spent time writing post's instead of studying the cliff notes and reviews of cams.
Good luck.

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got the starlight it is only slightly better. But I still have to use the IR flood. Is it $50 dollars better, Hell NO! I will have to play with it to see if I can get the zoom to be of some use. I doubt I will use that my FOV is just to big. I will keep it on the front but Im not buying another one just not worth it. Money would be better spent on extra IR's if needed. The 6mp isnt that far behind and the 6mp throws a wider IR then the starlight which I need. AT close range the 6mp works for me and in the back with the ambient light it works great. Plus it rocks the daylight. I just ordered the 6mp's to finish out my system.

Looney I could care less about a company's reputation. Means nothing this shit is all "Chinese junk" none of it will give you your moneys worth. I have seen a reolink system in use and it functioned just perfect the guy was very happy, all that counts. Is it for everyone no. Can I use it no, I have too much to cover. IS it perfect for someone who lives crammed up a neighbor's ass in a subdivision, like my brother. Yea it fits that bill perfect. Its cheap plus plug and play. Its not as bad as people on here make out. I ordered him a *ch 4k nvr and 3 cameras for $350 cant beat that if it only works for a yr or two. He has a whole whopping 20 ft x 50ft of a back yd to cover and the front is just big enough to park 2 cars that is it. The sides of the house no need for a cameras the neighbors already have cameras covering it. Hell he could have went with one of the amazon no names and it would have worked. SO no not everyone needs to spend big bucks and most people arent damn snobs about this shit any way. Its about $$$$ for 95% of people in the USA period and reolink has hit it out of the park on that.

And yes to EVERYONE I have read the damn cliff notes!!! Damn!!!!

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll admit that I had gone down the ReoLink route as well. The $59 pricetag did draw me in and the picture during the daylight hours seemed fine. Where it falls down is capturing motion at night as compared to the starlight cameras. Once I found this forum and realized what else was out there, I ditched the ReoLink cams and stuck with either HikVision or Dahua. I'd be interested to see how your ReoLink keeps up over time. Mine is at the point now where I have to reboot it every week due to weird issues with one half of the view being pixelized. Then there are times where it drops off the network completely and I have to bounce POE to the ethernet port to get the camera to reboot. It ended up being the only camera that I have to "maintain".

@firefly556 Lots of great folks here who are passionate about cameras and everything they learned by making similar mistakes that you are making. They aren't snobs, just folks trying to look out for you so that you don't do the same and ultimately end up with better gear in the long run. I know I did. You should trust what these people are telling you :)

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well guys I am gone for a few months at least just got the call yesterday wheels up in 48hrs . I didnt have a chance to even get the system in. Boxed it up put in the barn. it will be a few months before I get to finish maybe longer. All thanks to the idiots in the middle east. Thanks for the help been interesting to say the least. If we have trouble with some systems overseas I may sign in and see if yall can be of help. later.......