OK, who's clever with networking ?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all,

OK, my BI system is starting to take shape now. It is a dedicated i7 PC running on the home network via the POE switch. It's 'monitor' is our flat screen tv in the lounge

This message is being typed on a seperate PC (an Acer) which is my common go-to home PC, also on the home network

Having the TV as a monitor is great ....... whilst the wife is out

When she's home, having BI on the TV when she could be watching some reality tv nonsense tends to cause disagreement, so .....

How do I access BI on the i7 from my desktop Acer pc easily ?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK @tangent - thank you, where do I find that & will it permit me to tinker with settings ?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Searching the BI CHM file I can only find reference to CAMERA web interface, not a web interface for BI itself

No issues connecting to specific cams, but its BI itself I wish to connect to

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Searching the BI CHM file I can only find reference to CAMERA web interface, not a web interface for BI itself

No issues connecting to specific cams, but its BI itself I wish to connect to
Webserver

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You could remote onto the BI pc using Remote Desktop or use the web interface which is referred to as UI3 as far as I know.

If remoting in use RDPwrap to allow more than 1 remote session if you also have a monitor attached to the BI PC, even if you don’t use it as others have reported black screen issues using Remote Desktop as configured with a W10 install.