Old cctv camera.

Bigred78

n3wb
Reaction score
Somebody gave me this camera. It's seems older and from china. It came with a wireless usb thing that plugs in your computer. Can't seem to find a driver for my computer for it. is there a app for my phone I could use go connect to it? Any information would be great. I know nothing about these.
Thanks20161219_222912.jpg20161219_222847.jpg

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As usual on this forum many people will tell you this is crap/garbage send it to trash but as you are here to request for help, telling you to trash this camera is no help (unless helping you not wasting too much time on it ;-)

Do you have any reference written on the USB Key ? which Windows version are you using ?

A quick google with "WS-CAMERA-CCD1" found 2 PDF about this camera that seems to be a 2.4Ghz analog device from year 2010 by WENSHING, supported OS up to Win7

Here is eNglish manual found by google http://www.rf.net.tw/Data_Sheet/WS-CCD_Instruction_Manual_E.pdf

I have found this page on WHESHING for an USB Video wireless key, may be you could try the driver ?

Wireless Digital Video USB Receiver

Last edited:

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also "As usual" on this forum I find many people don't bother to use "Google" for example and expect everyone else to do the donkey work for them! They sign up ask a question, don't give any thanks for others efforts when they are too lazy to either read the posts on this forum or simply look elsewhere before asking for help. Fine if you've looked elsewhere and can't find the answer then this is where people of this forum will help. I can personally think of many folks on here that do!

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also "As usual" on this forum I find many people don't bother to use "Google" for example and expect everyone else to do the donkey work for them! They sign up ask a question, don't give any thanks for others efforts when they are too lazy to either read the posts on this forum or simply look elsewhere before asking for help. Fine if you've looked elsewhere and can't find the answer then this is where people of this forum will help. I can personally think of many folks on here that do!
I understand what you say, I am new on this forum but franckly for what I've read in many threads I've never saw so general "negative" help :-( and may be this guy is not fluent with how to do effective ggogle search ?

May be i'll get bored too but for now I'll try to help :) and if the guy say "thank you" then it's fine, courtesy, and if not well I am not doing this expecting any reward/thanking, just glad to help when I can so it's fine too.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As usual on this forum many people will tell you this is crap/garbage send it to trash but as you are here to request for help, telling you to trash this camera is no help (unless helping you not wasting too much time on it ;-)

Do you have any reference written on the USB Key ? which Windows version are you using ?

A quick google with "WS-CAMERA-CCD1" found 2 PDF about this camera that seems to be a 2.4Ghz analog device from year 2010 by WENSHING, supported OS up to Win7

Here is eNglish manual found by google http://www.rf.net.tw/Data_Sheet/WS-CCD_Instruction_Manual_E.pdf

I have found this page on WHESHING for an USB Video wireless key, may be you could try the driver ?

Wireless Digital Video USB Receiver
Trash is the PROPER response..that camera should NEVER be used for security purposes. Even for recreational use. Its a WASTE of time and money.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trash is the PROPER response..that camera should NEVER be used for security purposes. Even for recreational use. Its a WASTE of time and money.
Franckly I do not understand you, why do you absolutely want people think "as you" ? people are free to do what they want and if they want to use/test (and may be loose time or money) on old or crap camera it's their choice and I respect that I am not a judge, then some people may want to help (I mean by answering the question not giving a straight judgment) or not.

And by the way he never told he wanted to use it for security reason, may be he wants to watch birds or fish tank to check if the cat is around ;-)

Last edited:

Bigred78

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. Well thanks for all the replies. I know and knew that the camera wasn't a good camera and that maybe it should go in the trash. But someone did give it to me and I had some time to play with it. So I thought I would give it a try. I did Google all the information written on the camera. I did find it was from wenshing. I downloaded the driver before posting to the forum here. I couldn't get it work. I figured it was too old. I guess I should have gave you guys a little more information before I posted. I'm not using the camera to guard my property, it was just sitting there and I wanted to see if I could getnit to work.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok. Well thanks for all the replies. I know and knew that the camera wasn't a good camera and that maybe it should go in the trash. But someone did give it to me and I had some time to play with it. So I thought I would give it a try. I did Google all the information written on the camera. I did find it was from wenshing. I downloaded the driver before posting to the forum here. I couldn't get it work. I figured it was too old. I guess I should have gave you guys a little more information before I posted. I'm not using the camera to guard my property, it was just sitting there and I wanted to see if I could getnit to work.

OK so you are not willing to use it for security and just wanted to "play" with it and already did a first step search/testing (yes you could have mentionned it but it's not a problem, this permitted a double check ;-) and the driver I pointed out is not good too or is it the same you already tried ?

Which Windows version do you have ? which USB ID is showed for this device ?

Bigred78

n3wb
Reaction score
In my train of thought, I was thinking maybe I could use a app on my phone to connect to the camera. But I'm assuming cell phones don't have IR. It seems the old camera transmit via IR.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In my train of thought, I was thinking maybe I could use a app on my phone to connect to the camera. But I'm assuming cell phones don't have IR. It seems the old camera transmit via IR.

IR what make you think that ? I never saw an Camera using IR to communicate video stream (whenever it's technically possible but would be unefficient and limited) but this one is using 2.4GHz radio (that is what the antenna stand for).

Bigred78

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm at work and can't remember what is wrote on the usb attachment for computer. I will check when I get off. I'm using Windows xp.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK so you'll have to go into hardware peripherals manager and open the unknown peripheral and sreach for USB Vendor ID, showing something like this "USB\VID_0471&PID_0311"