Old clips disappearing sooner than expected

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by veert, Sep 4, 2019.

Share This Page

1. veert

veert Young grasshopper

After setting one of my cams to continuous recording AND waiting for a few days, I noticed a weird issue, specifically:

If I don't delete any clips from the system, older clips and alerts start disappearing on their own in a couple days, no longer than that. But when I look at the clips/archives tab in Blue Iris it says 'limit age' to 7 days anf 14 days, not two. But all I can see through either Blie Iris interface or in the appropriate two folders in the program directory is clips no older than 1.5 days.

Probably, I am misreading the settings on the clips/archives tab. But there's only one checkbox between the fields 'limit size' and 'limit age'. Does it mean, the same checkbox applies to both fields? So, clips will be deleted as soon as _either_ their total size on disk exceeds the size limit or their age exceeds the age limit?

Or is this just a bug? I have plenty of free space on disk. It is a regular HDD, if that matters.

2. Walrus

Walrus Pulling my weight

The check box is for limit clip age. Don't use it. If it is checked, it will delete when either the size is reached or the age limit. Use size limit only.

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of BI. A few weeks ago an update was causing issues with alerts disappearing, and overallocation errors.

3. veert

veert Young grasshopper

Thanks.
    I'm still on BI 4.
    Regarding the checkbox, you're saying that I can leave it unchecked while putting a number for the size limit and the system will react only to the latter, right?

4. Walrus

Walrus Pulling my weight

Correct. The checkbox is quite obviously for limit clip age, as all checkboxes are to the left of what they turn off.
    [​IMG]

5. veert

veert Young grasshopper

Thank you, much appreciated.
    I got confused by the layout simply because there's no checkbox to the left of the 'size limit' control.

6. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

This is because size limit always has to be on, as there will always be a size limitation.

Walrus likes this.
Tags: