Old clips not deleting

countrycamera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having an issue where my storage is filling up and going past the amount I set. It is not deleting after 14 days like I have set or when it goes over how much space I have set. I am posting a screen shot of the settings under clips and archiving along with showing the calendar going farther back than 14 days of clips and also the amount of storage over I am seeing.

Any help on what I am doing wrong here? I have 2TB storage dedicated to clips on this PC.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried unchecking the clip age limit and just letting BI delete when it gets full? Or maybe you have a reason to have the clips deleted after 14 days? I'll let others respond but I imagine most of us let BI delete when it gets full not caring what age the clips are.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am having an issue where my storage is filling up and going past the amount I set. It is not deleting after 14 days like I have set or when it goes over how much space I have set. I am posting a screen shot of the settings under clips and archiving along with showing the calendar going farther back than 14 days of clips and also the amount of storage over I am seeing.

Any help on what I am doing wrong here? I have 2TB storage dedicated to clips on this PC.
In the top left picture, untick 14days, Set the Limit size to 1676.0GB, change "move to stored" to Delete.

Top Right Pic alerts: Set limit size to 0, change from "move to stored" to Delete.

Bottom Left Pic: Untick 14 days, set limit size to 0.

There is NO need to be moving files from New To Stored, when both folders are on the same drive.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A side note. Turn off the windows defragmentor on the c drive. Do not defragment a drive that stores running security video, all it does is ware out the drive.