Old iPad no longer shows ui3

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded to the latets BI version last night and find that my 2/3 generation iPad can no longer load ui3. I was running this on Safari (it won't handle Chrome) and had it as a desk monitor running UI3 with any triggered camera set to show maximum view - a very easy way to see what is happening. I do not use the iPad for anything else. The error message I receive is below. I have swiched the iPad on and off but still see this issue. Any ideas as to how I can fix this would be appreciated (other than buy a new iPad!)

iPad_Blue1.jpg

Is it a ui3 or a BI issue?

TIA for any help
Dave

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you are using something in the newest update, I'd suggest rolling back to a version where it worked.

I suspect the latest update probably has something in it that doesn't work on an older ipad?

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless you are using something in the newest update, I'd suggest rolling back to a version where it worked.

I suspect the latest update probably has something in it that doesn't work on an older ipad?
Am not a power user - so rolling back is defintely an option.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is kind of remarkable how many javascript language features don't work in all web browsers. This should be fixed in UI3-169 which I will release shortly.
Many thnaks for this - look forward to update and, even more, not buying a new iPad!

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks for releasing the update which I have downloaded, extracted and copied to my Blue Iris PC as instructed. Unfortunately I still get the error as noted above with it now saying (v 169 / 5.5.0.13) - it was 167 before. I have powered off the iPad and restarted but still the error. Do I need to restart the BI PC or anything similar?
TIA
Dave

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks for releasing the update which I have downloaded, extracted and copied to my Blue Iris PC as instructed. Unfortunately I still get the error as noted above with it now saying (v 169 / 5.5.0.13) - it was 167 before. I have powered off the iPad and restarted but still the error. Do I need to restart the BI PC or anything similar?
TIA
Dave
I have now downloaded ui3-163 and installed same - iPad is now workign again if that helps sort out the issue.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have not yet "upgraded" BI - am currently happy iPad working again as my desk monitor.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have not yet "upgraded" BI - am currently happy iPad working again as my desk monitor.
What version of BI / UI3 are you using in your working config? I'm also having trouble with older iPads on 5.5.1.2.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version of BI / UI3 are you using in your working config? I'm also having trouble with older iPads on 5.5.1.2.
I am using BI v 5.5.0 13 x64 (17th Septemebr 2021) BUT, as mentioend above, I have overwritten the ui3 files with ui3-163. I followed link given by bp2008 (above) and went back to the ui3-163 version. I have no issues downloading or over writing the files as per the instructions with the link.

I am not seeing nay issues with using my olf iPad as a monitor with the this version of UI3.

HTH
Dave

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am using BI v 5.5.0 13 x64 (17th Septemebr 2021) BUT, as mentioend above, I have overwritten the ui3 files with ui3-163. I followed link given by bp2008 (above) and went back to the ui3-163 version. I have no issues downloading or over writing the files as per the instructions with the link.

I am not seeing nay issues with using my olf iPad as a monitor with the this version of UI3.

HTH
Dave
Thanks. Instead of downloading an older version I decided to try and solve it. I made the below changes on line 374 and it's back to working on my old iPad with the latest versions of BI & UI3.

This might be the fix, it might not, but it's working for me!

Code:
catch (ex)
Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 14.39.13.png

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Instead of downloading an older version I decided to try and solve it. I made the below changes on line 374 and it's back to working on my old iPad with the latest versions of BI & UI3.

This might be the fix, it might not, but it's working for me!

Code:
catch (ex)
View attachment 102873
Interesting! Thanks for sharing but may I ask where is line 374 on what file?? WHile happy to change things I do not know what file to start looking at!!

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting! Thanks for sharing but may I ask where is line 374 on what file?? WHile happy to change things I do not know what file to start looking at!!
Apologies! That would be useful information to have :D

The file I edited is “ui3.js” within Blue Iris 5\www\ui3\

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now I have a fighting chance!!!! Many thanks for this, rather useful, piece of information!! Will give it a try during the week (but willkeep 163 handy just in case!!)

DSteiNeuro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, this is helpful. I have reported the error to BI and they are working on it.
It's not clear to me what was the original code on line 374 and what is the corrected code?

DSteiNeuro

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not clear to me what was the original code on line 374 and what is the corrected code?
OK, I looked at the code and it appears that at line 374 in ui3.js, you replaced
Code:
 catch
with
Code:
 catch (ex)
This seems to be the error line with the missing code following "catch"
I'm trying
Code:
 catch (ex) {}