Older APK versions of the BI App? Looking to get my widgets working again.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking to go back to the last version that had Widgets that work on Android... After the dev broke the app and I msg'd him about the widgets being broken over a month ago, the response was essentially that I need to renew my support subscription. Which on its own, is not a big issue, but given he and his android dev broke the app that worked fine all this time... that was a questionable response. That and with the latest update on Nov 1st, the widgets are still bust on Android 9.

Anyone have access to the old 2.0.60 APK? All the websites that list it are ... suspect at best.

I was considering emailing the dev again, but I dont want to get told to buy support again just to get the app to work that I already paid for years ago.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to go back to the last version that had Widgets that work on Android... After the dev broke the app and I msg'd him about the widgets being broken over a month ago, the response was essentially that I need to renew my support subscription. Which on its own, is not a big issue, but given he and his android dev broke the app that worked fine all this time... that was a questionable response. That and with the latest update on Nov 1st, the widgets are still bust on Android 9.

Anyone have access to the old 2.0.60 APK? All the websites that list it are ... suspect at best.

I was considering emailing the dev again, but I dont want to get told to buy support again just to get the app to work that I already paid for years ago.
When you paid for the app years ago there was no widget support... Posting the APK would allow users to pirate the software, so it's not going to happen here.... Buy the support, it's the cheapest in the industry by a mile just like the software... There's a general misunderstanding about support, just because a function is broken by an update doesn't give you the right to free support. That's how it works with every other piece of software.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I have no issue paying for support, it was just a bit shady to essentially say " ohh we broke the app?? Please pay to get it fixed" that's NOT how the industry actually works.

And I paid for the app a couple times on multiple platforms over the years, only went Android in the last year. I did forget that the apps only "license" security is the lockdown of the APK from distribution. So that makes sense to not offer old versions. I'll just wait till it's fixed eventually.

Dig BI, dig the price, just a weird support payment request on a bug report.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I have no issue paying for support, it was just a bit shady to essentially say " ohh we broke the app?? Please pay to get it fixed" that's NOT how the industry actually works.

And I paid for the app a couple times on multiple platforms over the years, only went Android in the last year. I did forget that the apps only "license" security is the lockdown of the APK from distribution. So that makes sense to not offer old versions. I'll just wait till it's fixed eventually.

Dig BI, dig the price, just a weird support payment request on a bug report.
Are you serious? Try and get support on any other software package without a plan..see what happens. Doesn't matter if it's a software bug or user error. It's 30 dollars oer year most companies charge more than that per incident.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you serious? Try and get support on any other software package without a plan..see what happens. Doesn't matter if it's a software bug or user error. It's 30 dollars oer year most companies charge more than that per incident.
The author deserves the $30 per yr, whether or not you use support.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
" ohh we broke the app?? Please pay to get it fixed"
Often changes that break shit are external. Some android update could be to blame.

It doesn't make for a happy customer, but I can also think of many examples of free software that at some point stripped features out of the free version.