older lorex costco camera (hikvision) work with LTS nvr?

Jerrynaut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there, i purchased a lorex costco kit about 4 years ago, when they use to be oem'ed hikvisions. It was the LNR200 series nvr and cameras but now i'd like to upgrade to 2.1mp or higher cams from MILKISBAD. I'm wondering if i can salvage any of the lorex bullet cameras and use them with any LTS NVR's. From what i understand they might not be ONVIF compliant but i figured since theyre hikvision rebrands they might still function properly with LTS nvrs. thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello there, i purchased a lorex costco kit about 4 years ago, when they use to be oem'ed hikvisions. It was the LNR200 series nvr and cameras but now i'd like to upgrade to 2.1mp or higher cams from MILKISBAD. I'm wondering if i can salvage any of the lorex bullet cameras and use them with any LTS NVR's. From what i understand they might not be ONVIF compliant but i figured since theyre hikvision rebrands they might still function properly with LTS nvrs. thanks.
They will probably work, however, you can return the entire system to costco and get a full refund.....

Jerrynaut

n3wb
Reaction score
i know costco has a great return policy... but even after 4 years? holy smokes. .....not sure if i'd get the same concierge type service since i'm not really a member.. i ordered it online. guess i could try, bub. thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i know costco has a great return policy... but even after 4 years? holy smokes. .....not sure if i'd get the same concierge type service since i'm not really a member.. i ordered it online. guess i could try, bub. thanks.
Yes even after 4 years.

Jerrynaut

n3wb
Reaction score
sweet. thanks.. its gonna be a bitch retracting all that ethernet cable from the attic. but oh well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sweet. thanks.. its gonna be a bitch retracting all that ethernet cable from the attic. but oh well.
You dont have to return the etherent cable....
Even if you did it would be easier to simply buy a few 75f runs, why pull out good cable.

steves1328

n3wb
Reaction score
Those are photo cameras that is why its next to camcorders...not surveillance cameras...I have confirmation from many costco members who had no issue returning the nvr/cams...
Just curious. What justification are people using for returning a system after 4 years that is convincing Costco to give a refund?

Seems like they would get killed with returns if many people did this when they start to upgrade their old systems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious. What justification are people using for returning a system after 4 years that is convincing Costco to give a refund?

Seems like they would get killed with returns if many people did this when they start to upgrade their old systems.
You dont need any justification..they will accept return of any item anytime for any reason or no reason. 99 percent of the folks dont return it...they had issues with computers and tv's etc so they only allow 90 days on certain items...if it was an issue for them they would simply place a 90 day limit on all items...they provide this return policy as a benefit for membership...