? on Aliexpress Camera

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes lots of us have bought this camera, its a china region camera with english firmware. CCTV china is a reputable seller. Just make sure to specify english firmware, NTSC and POE (although i believe they all are poe). Note that firmware upgrades can be challenging but you can use the CBX fix found in the forum. The price cannot be beat.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is a bit of a lost in translation case in some listing details, but you can always fall back on the manufacturer's specs.

The camera can do POE but no POE injector is included in the box, and POE is not mandatory, if you use a wall wart to power the camera, hence the POE optional.

Many of us have indeed ordered that camera from that vendor. Send a note with any practical questions you have, check on availability and see if the lens type you want whether 2.8 4 6 12 mm is in stock, when it might ship out. Julia responds pretty fast, factoring time zone and business hours, of course.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased 8 of these (6 4mm and 2 12mm) and 4 dome DS-2CD2132-I. The money appears to have processed and the status is now "Awaiting Shipment" I'm having them sent DHL since it appeared to be much quicker and not too expensive. Any idea how long it usually takes CCTV to ship and will I be liable for any customs duty in your experiences?

Now I need to pick out a couple of 8 port POE switches and I should be all set to install.Ideas Recomendations?

Thanks Andy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It depends on where you get it from and how quickly they can source it from the manufacturer. Once they ship it, it will be in the us in about 1-2 days...then however long it takes to get it to your door.
You may have to pay customs....most sellers undervalue the items so your tab will be low even if you get charged.

This is a nice managed 8 port poe switch (with all 8 ports being poe, as opposed to most that have only 4poe and 4 standard..although i never understood why they dont leave one non-poe because one needs to connect to the network...must be more efficient to include poe in all than to just leave one standard port)..
http://www.amazon.com/ZyXEL-Fanless-Managed-Switch-GS1900-8HP/dp/B00GU1KULM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409360982&sr=8-1&keywords=zyxel+8+port+poe

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CCTV CH camera in my limited experience sends next business day, if they have the product on hand. But you can email Julia, and she'll let you know. It is daytime over there now, so you'd likely get a fast response, maybe even in minutes.

I've had DHL deliver within 3 days. Early Am CH monday morning departure. Delivered Wednesday.

Due to the size of your order, it will probably get hit for import, face some scrutiny and processing, and that may/will delay the arrival.

Please keep us posted how that 12 camera order is processed when it comes into the US and what happens with DHL.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My order has shipped DHL today. It took a few days to process. I'll keep you posted on when it arrives and any costs involved.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have any extra cost. I got a ptz camera, large box, DHL from Hong Kong with no extra charges involved at my door. I'm sure you'll be fine.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Knock on wood!

Looking forward to hearing positive news. I am genuinely curious.

I've had some $$$ experiences between EU-US-CAN (USPS, UPS, FedEx), so I've grown more cautious and less adventurous about importing and exporting. Actually I think I decided my last shipment out of the country was last year. ( >$100 shipping + >$100 import ... on a gift :sick: Not a brand new in mfr box commercial / retail shipment. Item was stuck in Customs Clearance for a full week.

Since one of the factors to slip under the radar (besides declared value) is the package size & weight, at least in and out of some countries -- some places EVERY THING with a customs sticker on it gets held up -- I thought it better to warn about the potential of extra charges. Better for the OP to be warned and :) :D :peaceful: when there is no surcharge on the day of arrival; than go through :mad-new: :miserable: :hororr: :dejection: getting hit with duty completely unexpectedly.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera were released to DHL and the website says shipped as of 9/1 As of today the tracking info just says into sent to DHL. I called DHL and the shipment was never given to them. Repeated emails and attempted chats with Julie Li have not been responded to. I'll keep you posted

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There could be a technicality between "shipped" on aliexpress as in order processed; and shipment created in DHL.

Maybe cctv needs an extra camera or two in a certain lens size to fulfill your order? That they're waiting on to come in or go pickup?

I think you should hear something back tonight, once daytime Thursday rolls around there.

And, the order is insured with aliexpress for 30 days against non-delivery and other issues. Buyer guarantee link.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There could be a technicality between "shipped" on aliexpress as in order processed; and shipment created in DHL.

Maybe cctv needs an extra camera or two in a certain lens size to fulfill your order? That they're waiting on to come in or go pickup?

I think you should hear something back tonight, once daytime Thursday rolls around there.

And, the order is insured with aliexpress for 30 days against non-delivery and other issues. Buyer guarantee link.

I just heard from Julie . The order was given to the forwarder on Monday. Should be given to DHL soon

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That may explain how my DHL order went out after the weekend, than before, that they don't do DHL in-house. I thought it a bit odd, but figured I missed the cutoff time. So, it looks like they box it up business day 1 and then get it on to a 3rd party.

We get used to thinking businesses are just tapped into USPS UPS and/or FedEx and do everything in their own mail-room. Who knows how exactly they're setup and what their routines are. Not everybody is a little Amazon ;)

And, it is a bit of an online adventure, ordering something from way out there.

Once DHL gets it, they have the most detailed package tracking I've seen.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That may explain how my DHL order went out after the weekend, than before, that they don't do DHL in-house. I thought it a bit odd, but figured I missed the cutoff time. So, it looks like they box it up business day 1 and then get it on to a 3rd party.

We get used to thinking businesses are just tapped into USPS UPS and/or FedEx and do everything in their own mail-room. Who knows how exactly they're setup and what their routines are. Not everybody is a little Amazon ;)

And, it is a bit of an online adventure, ordering something from way out there.

Once DHL gets it, they have the most detailed package tracking I've seen.
Yup your right, it was released by the Forwarder, made it to the US and cleared Customs all in one day. Now just waiting for it to get from Ohio to Conn..

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I left a signature authorization at my door and all 12 Cameras were at my door when I came home. No extra charges. I still haven't figured out if I got got the 2 12mm I ordered. Right now I'm trying to set up one and see if I can see it with a browser

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great to hear!

If it isn't on the label on the box, there should be a sticker on the bottom of the camera, which I thought had the lens size on it.

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to try the new cameras. The order appears to be exactly what I ordered packed and arrived in perfect shape. The lens size is written on both the box and camera sticker but it's about 6 pt font so easy to miss. I did receive the 12mm and 4 mm I ordered and the cameras are english version. Note the prices have gone down a couple of $ since I ordered them. When I plugged the first one in I had a little trouble getting SADP to run from the internet. It was easy when I ran it from the enclosed CD.

The picture quality with a webbrowser is excellent both daylight and in a closet using IR. Now that I have all the pieces all I have to do is run a whole bunch of Cat5e

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My 2032 cameras came with V5.2.0 build 140721 firmware. How do I tell what the most current version is. Thanks

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.0 is the most recent. Mine, ordered earlier, came with variations of 5.1.x.