? on Aliexpress Camera

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My 2032 cameras came with V5.2.0 build 140721 firmware. How do I tell what the most current version is. Thanks
I believe the build version is the date:

14 = 2014
07 = July
21 = 21st

so the later the build the newer it is.

pwomble

n3wb
Reaction score
My first order from Julia was shipped on Aug 26th and arrived here near Tampa, FL today on Sept 6th. DS-2CD2332-i with 2.8mm lens has V5.1.6 build 140412 firmware. I will buy from her again.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I have all the pieces all I have to do is run a whole bunch of Cat5e
run cat6; while true IPCams wont be using gigabit ethernet anytime soon they do use PoE; the heaver gauge wiring means you get less of a voltage drop and it can carry higher currents.. The price from cat5e to cat6 is negligible and all new runs should be cat6 for various reasons.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is a bit of a lost in translation case in some listing details, but you can always fall back on the manufacturer's specs.

The camera can do POE but no POE injector is included in the box, and POE is not mandatory, if you use a wall wart to power the camera, hence the POE optional.
May also order from this vendor given the lack of Canadian options (none?) that sell Hiks. I'm a bit confused at this comment. If the camera is POE and is being plugged into a POE switch or NvR (like the Hik 7616 POE version) is an injector needed at the camera?

thx!

Andy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
May also order from this vendor given the lack of Canadian options (none?) that sell Hiks. I'm a bit confused at this comment. If the camera is POE and is being plugged into a POE switch or NvR (like the Hik 7616 POE version) is an injector needed at the camera?

thx!
No the POE Injector is only needed when you use a switch that does not supply POE

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to try the new cameras. The order appears to be exactly what I ordered packed and arrived in perfect shape. The lens size is written on both the box and camera sticker but it's about 6 pt font so easy to miss. I did receive the 12mm and 4 mm I ordered and the cameras are english version. Note the prices have gone down a couple of $ since I ordered them. When I plugged the first one in I had a little trouble getting SADP to run from the internet. It was easy when I ran it from the enclosed CD.

The picture quality with a webbrowser is excellent both daylight and in a closet using IR. Now that I have all the pieces all I have to do is run a whole bunch of Cat5e
How do you like those 2032's with 12mm lens?

Got any screen shots you would care to share? I'm thinking about ordering one to replace a 6mm.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you like those 2032's with 12mm lens?

Got any screen shots you would care to share? I'm thinking about ordering one to replace a 6mm.
@spotco

Sorry to jump in ;) I'm liking my 12mm. May get another one or two like it for a wildlife camera covering in the back yard and to keep an eye on a distant storage space.

Low height install location looking out horizontally, slightly up hill, in case you're wondering about the angle and tilt, or lack thereof ;)

Closest point in view is 50ft (lamp & split log, center). Double snow marker (& split log) 75ft. Two large trees ~110ft maybe 120. Gap between the trees 32ft. Total FOV at that distance is probably 40ft L to R. 3MP running at 1920x1080. So a few degrees wider than default 3mp.

Note. Green foliage unsharp in upper areas due to refresh issue with web components in Safari + Yosemite where I'm getting 1fps if that. Tried it with a windows machine but the screen grab was blank where the live video goes. So nvr recording and live view on pc is sharp. Who knows how/when web components - safari - mac os x will get along again. It is not for lack of computing power on my primary system.

Last edited by a moderator: