On Hikvision cameras where does the video/snapshots save to when you download them?

LVNV007

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded video and snapshot from playback and cannot find them. Any help?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Files created by taking a snapshot, recording video, or downloading saved clips, go into their respective sub-folders under the C:\Users\%username%\Web folder.

BUT if IE is running in Protected Mode, these folders get virtualized, and show up under C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\%username%\Web
AND I think they get removed immediately.

The easiest way to address this is to add your camera's IP address to the list of trusted sites.

Open the camera's GUI in the browser.
Click on Tools (the little gear symbol)>Internet Options>Security>Trusted sites>Sites>
Clear the checkbox for "Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone", and then hit the "Add" button to add the camera to the list of trusted sites.

You'll probably have to close and restart the browser for it to take effect.

LVNV007

n3wb
Reaction score
Found it thanks! I downloaded VCL to play clips but that will not play them. One more help?

- - - Updated - - -

My goal is to convert to avi file to share

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can give Hikvision's Format Converter tool a try... Hikvision USA

It isn't the most intuitive piece of software I've seen, but it might meet your needs, and it is free.

dr.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision format is h.264 in a MP4 container with a variable frame rate. Do not waste time re-encoding/transcoding; this is a header problem. Fixed using ffmpeg or handbrake GUI. Set it to 30fps fixed frame rate (or whatever you have your cams set at) and it will play.

There is no more univeral format than h.264 inside a MP4 container. Switching to AVI won't increase sharing at all IMHO.

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: On Hikvision cameras where does the video/snapshots save to when you download the

What does GUI stand for.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: On Hikvision cameras where does the video/snapshots save to when you download the

graphical user interface

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi
So you are saying if I add to my trusted site I will be able to find my snapshots on my computer. So where will I look for them after doing this ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Hi
So you are saying if I add to my trusted site I will be able to find my snapshots on my computer. So where will I look for them after doing this ?
Just edit the path where the snapshots are saved, and save them wherever you want. Check the camera "Local configuration".
If using IE, make sure to run it in admin mode, so it has rights to save wherever you want.

rickwookie

n3wb
Reaction score

Unfortunately, when I disable protected mode (for example by adding the NVR address to the safe sites) the plug-in needed to show video no longer loads. I get no prompt, just a grey box in place of the video. Is the a way to ensure the plug-in still loads when protected mode is off, so I can actually get video and stills to save to my computer?

yocgcctv

n3wb
Reaction score

Thank you very much. It works, I can find the download video from pic now.

chandu

n3wb
Reaction score
C:\Users\accmng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\%username%\Web

you can find your download file this location. Hope this helped.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to bring that back up but I'm having issues - I'm selecting the files to download it say a folder on my pc i selected but the folder is empty on viewing but not empty when browsing with the GUI for cams. What gives?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm selecting the files to download it say a folder on my pc i selected but the folder is empty on viewing but not empty when browsing with the GUI for cams. What gives?
Windows has placed the files in a 'virtualised folder', hidden by default from view and search under your user profile tree, as it does not trust IE11 enough to allow it to write where you have specified.
Depending on your Windows account and security settings configuration you might fix this by adding the IP address of the camera/NVR to IE11 'Trusted Sites', or as a last resort, run IE11 'as administrator'.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep tried the trusted sites thing but no joy and i still couldn't find the files even though i had changed it to a local folder. Bit annoying still i continue in my quest to solve this.

Reaction score
if you are using windows, try to run your browser as administrator. And then after you download the file, look for the file inside the folder you have set in local configuration.

Reaction score
Files created by taking a snapshot, recording video, or downloading saved clips, go into their respective sub-folders under the C:\Users\%username%\Web folder.

BUT if IE is running in Protected Mode, these folders get virtualized, and show up under C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\%username%\Web

The easiest way to address this is to add your camera's IP address to the list of trusted sites.

Click on Tools (the little gear symbol)>Internet Options>Security>Trusted sites>Sites>
Clear the checkbox for "Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone", and then hit the "Add" button to add the camera to the list of trusted sites.

if you are using windows, try to run your browser as administrator. And then after you download the file, look for the file inside the folder you have set in local configuration.
Thank you so very much! I have been wrestling with this issue for a week! Your willingness to share your knowledge with others has saved me countless additional hours of effort that could have ended without the snapshots or the recordings.

Reaction score

Thank you so very much! This solved a problem I have been struggling with for a week! I truly appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge with others!