One Cam Only For Remote Connection

joqhith

n3wb
Reaction score
BI v5.2.9.19 x64

Neighbor approached me recently, said they were leaving this weekend, asked if I could watch over their house. I want to do them one better, as one of my outdoor cams, completely engulfs their house and property. So I want to setup a login, and password I can give them to just log into my BI, and they can watch their house on their own. A couple of things first. Number one, I have more than just "that" cam, and I want them to only be able to see that one specific cam when they log in, so I jumped into the BI manual to see how to do this, and from what I see is, I have to create a camera group, HOWEVER, the manual states the following:

"...one caveat however is that a group will not appear for viewing remotely by the client app or browser unless it has more than 1member camera."

I only want them to be able to see the one single cam in question, why would I need to add more than 1?

Thanks

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you add the same camera twice to BI? Then add both to that camera group?

joqhith

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I went ahead and created only one camera group, with the single cam in question, and everything worked after all.

Not sure why the help file stated that there had to be more than one 1 member camera in the group.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I went ahead and created only one camera group, with the single cam in question, and everything worked after all.

Not sure why the help file stated that there had to be more than one 1 member camera in the group.
Help file is not always kept up to date.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

The help file is referring to a group view, so you can choose to view a group of cameras within the app. Obviously, if there is only one camera in the group that is pointless because you can just select that one camera. It is not related to your limit of a user to view only certain groups.