One cam, two spots?

Reaction score
Any ideas to have one cam get two spots?
Would a PTZ Work best? Or maybe a turret on the corner fence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I feel like 2 cameras would be much easier than running conduit underground to the corner of that fence and messing with that. I also say that with experience. Trenched 500ft to a front gate, and another 350ft to a back gate on a 6 acre property.
Obviously your fence is within ip poe maximums but still... seems like a lot of work...

I mean I guess you could do a corner ptz with 2 PIR triggering motion presets for it above the areas, but for the cost I also think 2 fixed starlights would be better still...

Is it a cost thing? WAF? (Wife Approval Factor)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @greenmarcus_02

See the following 2 lens camera which @looney2ns has reviewed thanks to Andy @EMPIRETECANDY :
Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

Note - if you can better to have 2 separate turrets covering those views imho, however if you must go with only one camera then the dual / multiple lens cameras should be worth looking at. Also, note domes are not preferred outdoors in general, and the big exception for me is a camera by the door - and the dual starlight cam looks like a great one for a by the door camera as one lens can focus on those by the door, and the other by the foot of the door for packages.