One camera is not being shown in blue iris admin console

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After installing an update 4.5.9.3 (or the one before it) one of the cameras is not being shown in blue iris admin console. It does show up in web and mobile interfaces, and it even records video and events like it should. However, I does not show up in admin console. This happened right after installing update.

Show hidden cameras option is enabled, so that can't be it. During admin console start up the missing camera shows up in the top left corner for a second before all other cameras appear.

Any hints how to correct this? I would try deleting and adding back camera, but again, I can't even find the option to delete that camera.

Edit: Also the missing camera is listed in cameras list

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, My bad. I was dealing with this for couple days and only now realized that feed for that camera was in separate floating video. Minimazing main admin console and moving it out of the way revealed floating video from missing camera. Right click, and then that floating video frame can be closed which will move it back to other cameras.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your not the only one! For the life of me I can't get all nine cameras to show up in the BI4 console, only eight. All show up in the camera tab in status and there nine in the UI2 viewer. theye are in the system but no way on the console. Also "layout" doesn't seem to day anything useful.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your not the only one! For the life of me I can't get all nine cameras to show up in the BI4 console, only eight. All show up in the camera tab in status and there nine in the UI2 viewer. theye are in the system but no way on the console. Also "layout" doesn't seem to day anything useful.
read his post, he doesnt have a problem..it was user error...
make sure you dont have the same issue and also ensure the camera is not hidden

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi F
I recognize that Pbimmer resolved his cockpit problem, I was just thread hijacking. No cams are hidden and all are setup almost identical. Ui2 has no issues and shows all nine cams. I need a way to force BI to display all cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi F
I recognize that Pbimmer resolved his cockpit problem, I was just thread hijacking. No cams are hidden and all are setup almost identical. Ui2 has no issues and shows all nine cams. I need a way to force BI to display all cams.
you dont need to force blue iris to do anything...did you check to see if you had the same issue as his? is one of your cameras on the desktop?

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish it was that easy. I am familiar with that behavior and check for it.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Delete camera, shut down BI, restart BI, add cam back as cam5, shut down, restart------still only shows 8 cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Delete camera, shut down BI, restart BI, add cam back as cam5, shut down, restart------still only shows 8 cams.
you are doing something wrong...not sure what it is...
if you think its an issue with blue iris, do a fresh reinstall...blue iris certainly displays all the cams you add to it..
last thing I would check is the dropdown at the left end of the ptz control bar, make sure "all cameras" are selected...you could have selected a group that contains only those 8 cameras.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's it F, you get a gold star. I didn't have cam5 in the group (was blank) with all the other cameras. Thank you.

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I found a small issue with windows that might make this issue more confusing. Yesterday I have had this this floating window happen again but on a machine running full up to date Windows 10. When it happened, blue iris console did have two windows/tabs in the task bar.
When this floating window happened from original post, it was a different system running Windows 10 LTSB 2016 (eval). I remember for sure that in task bar there was only one window/tab for blue iris console. Minimizing console complete would also hide floating window, but exiting admin console from full screen and moving did reveal the floating video.

P.S. How do floating windows work? I have managed to get them somehow accidentally only >.<

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
P.S. How do floating windows work? I have managed to get them somehow accidentally only >.<
Same here. Wonder how this happens and how to prevent it? Happened to me on a dedicated PC that runs BI with "Maximize Frame" always on, running full screen on a display. Windows 10.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. Wonder how this happens and how to prevent it? Happened to me on a dedicated PC that runs BI with "Maximize Frame" always on, running full screen on a display. Windows 10.
if you accidently grab a window and move it outside the main interface...enable drag lock.