One camera not recording after being triggered

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having an issue that I'm unable to figure out. I have 4 cameras all with configured motion trigger that sends a notification (all working) and starts recording for a set amount of seconds (10s). The issue I'm having is that only one of these four cameras, a Dahua SD1A203T-GN, doesn't record a video once it's triggered. The screenshot of the trigger event is saved and the clip shows it's long at least 10 seconds, but when the clip is opened/viewed it's only ~1 second long.

What could be wrong? What should I look at to try to address this?

Settings regarding triggering and recording are the same for all cameras.

Thank you all!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having an issue that I'm unable to figure out. I have 4 cameras all with configured motion trigger that sends a notification (all working) and starts recording for a set amount of seconds (10s). The issue I'm having is that only one of these four cameras, a Dahua SD1A203T-GN, doesn't record a video once it's triggered. The screenshot of the trigger event is saved and the clip shows it's long at least 10 seconds, but when the clip is opened/viewed it's only ~1 second long.

What could be wrong? What should I look at to try to address this?

Settings regarding triggering and recording are the same for all cameras.

Thank you all!
Post a copy of the video tab from the cameras web interface.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you on BI5? If you are check the recording locations for the clips.

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
Annotation 2019-06-26 195930.png Annotation 2019-06-26 200039.png Annotation 2019-06-26 200335.png Annotation 2019-06-26 200358.png

Yes, I am on BI5, recording location is good (clips from other cameras are saved fine).

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are all the cameras saved to new and does new have enough space?. I found the upgrade changed where mine were saved and once moved to saved I couldn't replay them.

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also just tried the following... I changed the clips save path to something else and then back again, triggered the camera and the clip was 10s long, so I thought aha success. But after some time has passed, without any changes being done to Blue Iris settings, the problem is back - if I manually trigger the camera or it's triggered by motion, the clips are always 1s long. Very odd.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, You haven't made it clear, are the 4 cameras all the same?

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
No, they are not the same - this one is a Dahua SD1A203T-GN, other three are Phylink cameras.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fenderman can help you better but in the mean while have you checked you have the correct stream in BI? Perhaps try 'ONVIF device manager' to see the stream settings.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any error messages in the status log? Also, someone is bound to tell you that you should match your fps with iframe interval (i.e. 15 & 15). The next thing I would try is changing the make of your camera in camera properties>video>config to Generic/ONVIF. Likely the find/inspect button will do this for you.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You have AUTO selected for the Dahua camera's Hardware accelerated decode... what is the global setting for BI?

Blue Iris Settings, Cameras, Hardware accelerated decode (restart); is this setting compatible with the Dahua?​

You might try NO rather than AUTO.

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua camera's Hardware accelerated decode is set to Default.
Blue Iris Hardware accelerated decode is set to No meaning Dahua is also set to No.

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I fixed my issue! I deleted the camera once again from Blue Iris and then added it back (as I did numerous times before), but this time a choose a different name for the camera. This I guess added new info to the db and after that, it started to work fine. I guess something with the old info and the old name got corrupted (perhaps in the migration from 4 to 5?).