Only 2 of 4 cameras connecting to lorex nvr

quanger

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a lorex nvr n842 with four E893. My nvr can only detect 2 of the 4 cameras. I have confirmed that it isnt the wiring that is the issue. Tried different ports, wires, etc. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

I unscrewed the little cap to access the memory slot/rst button. I tried resetting it by holding the rst button for 15s then unplugging the cat6/nvr and whilst holding the rst for another 15s. I dont get any lights or noise on the camera either.

I'm pretty stumped. I can understand maybe 1 camera is doa but 2?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you plug them all in to the POE port at the same time?

If so, you have an IP address conflict. Factory reset the cameras and the NVR and plug the cameras in one at a time and do not plug the next one in until the camera shows an image.

This is a good guide. Dahua makes Lorex, so the screen may look a little different:

The other issue could be that is a budget NVR and while it should be able to handle 4 cams, it might not. For kicks drop the resolution to the lowest resolution and see if the 3rd camera then shows up.

quanger

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did plug all 4 in prior to power up the nvr for the first time but I recall that is what the manual said to do. Hmm. Now to try to figure out how to reset the damn cameras