Only saving images, not video?

debra

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new to Blue Iris and have a question for you. Got my zone defined and working, detection is working as I'm seeing images being saved to my folder plus in the film strip when objects are detected. However, no videos are being recorded. Can I get some guidance from you experts? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new to Blue Iris and have a question for you. Got my zone defined and working, detection is working as I'm seeing images being saved to my folder plus in the film strip when objects are detected. However, no videos are being recorded. Can I get some guidance from you experts? Thanks.
post your record tab settings

debra

n3wb
Reaction score
roger that as you can see only image files

Attachments

debra

n3wb
Reaction score
any reason when I double click the files in the film strip it only displays the image and not the video?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
any reason when I double click the files in the film strip it only displays the image and not the video?
yes because you are selecting a jpeg image...
you likely dont even need the jpeg images so disable it...leave only create alert clip images when triggered selected..uncheck store high res and uncheck jpeg snapshots...
also if you select clips from the top I believe only video clips will display, you have "all" selected

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Assuming the 'New" folder is on the same drive as the database the path would be C:\BlueIris\New.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming the 'New" folder is on the same drive as the database the path would be C:\BlueIris\New.
Yes, that is true, I mistakenly said it was the default ..... but since she modified the default path for 'Alerts' (as shown by her posted image, below), I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that she was putting the 'New' also on E:/ drive.

If she did that, maybe she was acting on some posts on this forum (and wisely, I might add) about putting the BI program and the db folder on the C: drive (fast drive, and with O/S) and clips and videos on the video storage drive (like a WD purple) which had been assigned "E:\" because of an existing "D:\" recovery partition. I didn't mention any of that because I didn't want to possibly confuse her. Maybe I did with my assumption about 'New' being on "E:\".

That being said, and after reading this, I'll bet that @debra has recently moved up a notch in her understanding of Blue Iris and how to configure it to suit her needs which is everyone's goal here.

alerts_030718.jpg