Only trigger alert/record if cross zone and record only if motion.

abby325

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

What is the best way to only send a alert if the object crosses zones and not send a alert on the same cam for motion detection recording? What I'm trying to do lets say cam "Front Door" If object crosses zones A>B it triggers alerts and plays sound on PC and pushes a notification to the mobile app which works perfect as is, but I would still like it to record the old fashion way with pixel motion detection but not send me alert as bugs etc produces false alarms. Recording false alarms is fine. I would just like to have the recordings as a fail safe if cross zones doesn't work or if the person doesn't walk in zone B but still triggers motion recording and something happens I can still later watch the motion recording.

The only way I can think of is have the cross zone cam hidden just for trigger alerts but then it seems wastefully on the resource of having two of the same cams running on the PC. Is there a better way?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cloning the camera does not increase CPU consumption in any significant way...

abby325

n3wb
Reaction score
So cloning the camera doesn't increase bandwidth/CPU. If so what's the best way to cloning it, just add a new camera with the same connection info?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So cloning the camera doesn't increase bandwidth/CPU. If so what's the best way to cloning it, just add a new camera with the same connection info?
no, blue iris receives a single stream you can see this when you look at the status page...
yes.