ONVIF Camera with Lorex DVR

rsantagato

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for recommendations of ONVIF cameras that are compatible with my Lorex DV916 DVR. I bought a Wiya Smart Camera which supports ONVIF and successfully added it to the DVR (status showed green), but there was no video. Contacted Lorex support who essentially said that it has to be a Lorex ONVIF camera to work. I had a LONG chat with them, explaining to them that you can't say you support ONVIF unless you can connect to ANY ONVIF-compliant camera, but they really couldn't offer me any advice other than "buy one of our overpriced cameras".

So, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has had any luck connecting a 3rd party ONVIF camera to a Lorex DVR. This is just going to be a supplemental camera to the 11 hard-wired camera I have on the DVR, so I'd like it to be wireless so it can be moved around as needed.

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I successfully connected Amcrest & Dahua cams to my Lorex NVR.

Hello all. I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for recommendations of ONVIF cameras that are compatible with my Lorex DV916 DVR. I bought a Wiya Smart Camera which supports ONVIF and successfully added it to the DVR (status showed green), but there was no video. Contacted Lorex support who essentially said that it has to be a Lorex ONVIF camera to work. I had a LONG chat with them, explaining to them that you can't say you support ONVIF unless you can connect to ANY ONVIF-compliant camera, but they really couldn't offer me any advice other than "buy one of our overpriced cameras".

So, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has had any luck connecting a 3rd party ONVIF camera to a Lorex DVR. This is just going to be a supplemental camera to the 11 hard-wired camera I have on the DVR, so I'd like it to be wireless so it can be moved around as needed.

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I have successfully connected a Hikvision DS-2CE56D0T-IR analog camera to a Lorex DVR.

mt2525

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have successfully connected a Hikvision DS-2CE56D0T-IR analog camera to a Lorex DVR.
OK, thanks. I'll see what I can find from Amcrest or Dahua.
Can you share your lorex settings as I am trying to install a third party dome camera that's is ONVIF. I know the camera's IP address and username and password but not sure of the settings on my Lorex NVR6108.

rsantagato

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you share your lorex settings as I am trying to install a third party dome camera that's is ONVIF. I know the camera's IP address and username and password but not sure of the settings on my Lorex NVR6108.
I just bought an Amcrest IPM-841W that I was able to get to work with my DV916. I did a scan for devices to add it. Had to change protocol to ONVIF, and set the password, but otherwise I accepted all the defaults and it worked. Took several seconds for the video to appear, but it works great!

rsantagato

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, model is IP2M-841W.