Onvif Compatible Doorbell Cam

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
The $49 U-Bell from brandsmart is working perfectly! Continuous recording on hik 7616 NVR with motion and doorbell alerts on phone via the Uniden app. Audio quality is not great, but still better than expected for something so small. The only hangup was a weak 30-40 year-old 10V 5A transformer so I upgraded to a NuTone 16V 30A.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a reply on that battery powered doorbell. The frame and bit rates are hard coded, but I got a price of $32 so maybe I'll give it a shot.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score

MultiSync

n3wb
Reaction score
The $49 U-Bell from brandsmart is working perfectly! Continuous recording on hik 7616 NVR with motion and doorbell alerts on phone via the Uniden app. Audio quality is not great, but still better than expected for something so small. The only hangup was a weak 30-40 year-old 10V 5A transformer so I upgraded to a NuTone 16V 30A.
I was finally able to get my Uniden U-Bell installed on Tuesday. So far I am happy with it. The Uniden Android app is pretty basic, but I am mainly using it to stream to my Amcrest NVR. So far no issues with drops, or network bandwidth, I'm running the camera at 1080P 12fps. I had to do the following to keep the connection to the NVR stable. First I assigned a MAC reservation so the U-Bell keeps the same IP address. Secondly I had to switch, in the Uniden app, from 'Automatic' (UPnP), to 'Manual' TCP port assignment with correlating external ports forwarded on my firewall. Outside of package deliveries I have not yet had any visitors to test the app with live voice / picture interaction. For $50 bucks I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Daytime:

Nighttime: