ONVIF Device Manager doesn't show a live view

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several SV3C ip cameras. They have great motion detection and SV3C says they are ONVIF compatible with Profile S and that they send out motion events. I want to see these motion events in ODM to make sure they are sending them. In ODM it found my camera automatically. I log in and I am able to see all of the details of the camera up in the IPCAM section. In the NVT section I can see a little thumbnail of what my camera is pointing at. When I pick Live View I get No Signal. Down at the bottom it shows the rstp address, rstp:/192.168.1.33:554/11. If I put that into VLC it shows the live feed. My NVR is also able to record via ONVIF without issue.

What troubleshoot steps can I take to figure out why the Live View doesn't work?

Under Events nothing ever shows up, but I hesitate to say "SV3C told me wrong" since the live view doesn't show up.

I have a couple Hikvision OEM cameras and it works exactly the same way for them. You get a thumbnail, no live view, no events.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What troubleshoot steps can I take to figure out why the Live View doesn't work?
Does Windows prompt you for an access control agreement on ODM startup?
Maybe try running ODM 'as administrator'.

Presumably 'No Signal' either on the Video Streaming page?
Does the camera have any authentication settings choices for RTSP in its web GUI?

Under Events nothing ever shows up, but I hesitate to say "SV3C told me wrong" since the live view doesn't show up.
There are a couple of other ways to determine if the camera supports ONVIF Event subscription notifications -
Check both the Rules and Analytics pages to see what are listed for capability.

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
Windows prompts for the administrator privileges but I just also tried right clicking and running as administrator to make sure.
No signal on both live view and video streaming.
In VLC no authentication is needed for the rtsp stream but I'm attaching a picture of the options in the web interface.
Also attached is the results from the Rules and Analytics.

This is Windows 7, for sanity I tried a separate machine running Windows 10, no difference! The software is v2.2.250.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also attached is the results from the Rules and Analytics.
OK, so the camera does do ONVIF motion events.
Provided it's enabled and configured in the camera, I'd expect to see events appearing in the Events page when there is motion detected.

In VLC no authentication is needed for the rtsp stream
Well that's not ideal.
Off-the-wall thing to try (unlikely to do anything though) - do you get any Live Video when ODM is logged out?

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
The only difference when logged out you don't get the snapshot square image anymore.

Here is some screens from this android app called ONVIFER. I saw one that says /onvif/event_service so I tried going to that url and seeing what it sends back. Doesn't look promising.

Attachments