OOSSXX NVR wifi cams dropping out

Cruis.In

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a 4 channel wifi nvr system oossxx. It works fine when the cameras are close to the nvr , but huge problems as might expected when I placed some cameras pretty far and through walls.

I've got two cameras consistently dropping. I upgraded the NVR antennas to 9DBI and the camera antennas to 5 and 9 dbi. This is how I've managed to get the system to function around a wide apartment complex. The nvr is located in an office and the cameras are located around the corners on the apartment complex.

I was wondering if it was possible to buy something like a CISCO wifi repeater, connect it to the NVR and have the WIFI repeater repeat the signal to the further apartment building where the 1 camera on the opposite side is dropping out. The NVR is already a WIFI router basically as the system demands that the cameras connect to it first and then the NVR has a WAN cable going into a ethernet switch to send the signal over the internet for remote viewing.

Is it possible that I can use the repeater as a bridge between the NVR and the cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...return that garbage....forget about wifi for cameras...

Cruis.In

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, thanks. I went with WIFI because there is no area to setup nvr/dvr in the second apartment building on the same complex. These are just 4 room guest house type apartments. There is no office in the second building. I'd have to run cables across a lot of yard or something.

Or could I run cables to an access point outside, and have another paired access point near the NVR, and WIFI bridge the ethernet network?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi, thanks. I went with WIFI because there is no area to setup nvr/dvr in the second apartment building on the same complex. These are just 4 room guest house type apartments. There is no office in the second building. I'd have to run cables across a lot of yard or something.

Or could I run cables to an access point outside, and have another paired access point near the NVR, and WIFI bridge the ethernet network?
you can use ubiquiti point to point from one building to another, but you would be much better off running the cable.