OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Working. ZERO Programming Experience.

JJStats

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try to put the guide here but the site is not letting me.. So I put it in PDF Doc for now.. Again If someone can post it here from the doc Will Appreciate it..Hope it can help someone..

Again thank you so much to @Gymratz & @DLONG2 for Making this software :D and SQL Engine to work..

Again these are just steps on I took to Implement this solution for me. If you need anything else Please go to the original post..

Also Note - This was on my Windows 10 Pro Machine. The instructions might not match if your OS is different.

Current status - OPENALPR has broken this tool for now with there latest update of the software. it is not working as of 3/4/2020. The Original devs @DLONG2 and @Gymratz maybe looking into this but again we do not have a fix as of rite now. So don't even both to try this guide until we have a fix.

Update (3/7/2020) So @DLONG2 and I found a fix which gets the import back working it was the Camera_ID legnth of the table which was causing the issue. Once we change that from "smallint" to "int" things are working fine. This was due to the limitation of the smallint and camera_id was surpassing the limitation of it.

(Only thing rite now is we still need to figure out why CSV copy is not being dumped to a specified location on the drive even though import and everything is working fine.) Which is again if you care about csv copy...)

Updated the Guide to V1.2 (3/14/2020) This also includes the fix and also the viewer itself. (Please Use the latest Guide)

Updated the Guide to V1.3 (4/2/2020) Page 35 and 36 were updated. (Folder name where compiled Exe resides after building. Also Wanted to make sure it was signing box not security) Updated in the instructions. Thank you for feedback.

Updated the Guide to V1.4 (October/18/2020) New User Follow Instructions Up to Page 43. Users Who Are updating Follow Instructions From Page 44.

Updated the Guide to V1.5 (October/18/2020) New User Follow Instructions Up to Page 41. Users Who Are updating Follow Instructions From Page 42.

Updated the Guide to V1.6 (October/19/2020) New User Follow Instructions Up to Page 41. Users Who Are updating Follow Instructions From Page 42. Added a Note when closing execution window in sql database for user to follow easily when prompted whether to save or not.

Updated the Guide to V1.7 (November/15/2020) New User Follow Instructions Up to Page 41. Users If you completed the update after the October 17th release, you would only need to run the two updates dated today (11/15/2020) Which Starts for you guys on Page 60.

(October 19 2020) Everything is fully Operational. Follow the guide to get yours working. Again I was working with Windows 10 Pro. If, yours is different it may vary not sure how.. One of the user has already confirmed he was able to get his working with following the instructions from the guide. There might be more user who just never update on the status. But one is confirmed that it worked !

Current Status - As of Today (June 20 2021) - The Software Ability to pull plate forensic data stopped working about a week ago. But today Gymratz was able to update the software and everything is operational. All you guys will have to do is Pull Down the latest copy from Github, Once you guys do so Rebuild the solution. Then Replace the Old lpr config file from bin/debug folder and move it over to the newly build bin/debug folder. This should work! (Will Add a Guide for this in near future.)

Added a Guide also to help people take backups / Move databases on new PC if needed or replacement PCs. 12/6/2020.

I really like the pdf format. Saves me time from copy and paste. Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind, and being discussed in the other thread, that the VIN vehicle information is currently broke as the API is no longer free.

We are working on trying to figure out another solution - had one working for a few days, but it got blocked.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but it there any possibility of this being able to pull all of the plates back before this was setup? I have ~180,000 plates in OpenALPR right now

Also, does this just link back to the OpenALPR images, or does it copy them out? I'd like to be able to blow away my OpenALPR install if needed and keep all the data

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but it there any possibility of this being able to pull all of the plates back before this was setup? I have ~180,000 plates in OpenALPR right now

Also, does this just link back to the OpenALPR images, or does it copy them out? I'd like to be able to blow away my OpenALPR install if needed and keep all the data
As far as I know, No it would not be able to pull plates if it was not setup before.

However if you had this tool setup all along and the records of 180k is already part of that tool than yes it will be able to pull those images as long they are there on the local side of things and save it as jpg.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys recently downloader stopped working on 7/6/22 This is a fix for it. Please follow these instructions.

First thing First let's take a good backup. Before we make ANY Changes. So in case something messes up you can always go back.

Step 1) - Open Sql Managment Studio

Step 2) - Login & Select LPR database By Right click. Click Task & Than Backup.

1657228916497.png

Step 3) Click Ok To Take backup by Giving it the path and file name..

1657229017425.png

Backup Is complete Now :) So Backup part is done...

IF, you are running the NSSM Service( aka the Non-Sucking Service Manager) Than PLEASE STOP YOUR BACKGROUND Downloader & Viewer Running Service. Before you Proceed.

Now Lets begin with the Actual Fix...

Step 1) - Open Sql Managment Studio Click on Tools--->Options--->Designers---> Uncheck Prevent saving changes that requires table-recreations.

1657229354204.png

1657229394604.png

Click Ok

Step 2) Click Plus Icon where it says LPR database on Sql Management Studio. Than Click on + Icon On Tables To Expand Than Click + on dbo.LPR_PlateHits

1657229194648.png

Step 3) Right Click on Pk and Click Modify

1657229564418.png

Step 4) From the Pk Filed Data Type Drop down the box and Choose bigint on top and close by hitting X and hit save and yes.

1657229640808.png

Step 5) - Expand the Column again by Clicking + icon under dbo.LPR_PlateHits_ToHide. and than + Icon of Keys.

2022-07-10 11_01_06-OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Workin...png

Step 6) - Right Click on Pk_PlateHits_ToHide and Click Modify.

1657229888149.png

Step 7) - Column Name pk Needs to be changed here as well. DataType needs to be set to bigint from DropDown Menu and Close and save.

1657229951768.png

That is it.. Restart Service now. It should be working.....

Last edited:

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys recently downloader stopped working on 7/6/22 This is a fix for it. Please follow these instructions.

First thing First let's take a good backup. Before we make ANY Changes. So in case something messes up you can always go back.

Step 1) - Open Sql Managment Studio

Step 2) - Login & Select LPR database By Right click. Click Task & Than Backup.

1657228916497.png

Step 3) Click Ok To Take backup by Giving it the path and file name..

1657229017425.png

Backup Is complete Now :) So Backup part is done...

IF, you are running the NSSM Service( aka the Non-Sucking Service Manager) Than PLEASE STOP YOUR BACKGROUND Downloader & Viewer Running Service. Before you Proceed.

Now Lets begin with the Actual Fix...

Step 1) - Open Sql Managment Studio Click on Tools--->Options--->Designers---> Uncheck Prevent saving changes that requires table-recreations.

1657229354204.png

1657229394604.png

Click Ok

Step 2) Click Plus Icon where it says LPR database on Sql Management Studio. Than Click on + Icon On Tables To Expand Than Click + on dbo.LPR_PlateHits

1657229194648.png

Step 3) Right Click on Pk and Click Modify

1657229564418.png

Step 4) From the Pk Filed Data Type Drop down the box and Choose bigint on top and close by hitting X and hit save and yes.

1657229640808.png

Step 5) - Expand the Column again by Clicking + icon under dbo.LPR_PlateHits_ToHide. and than + Icon of Keys.

1657229784434.png

Step 6) - Right Click on Pk_PlateHits_ToHide and Click Modify.

1657229888149.png

Step 7) - Column Name pk Needs to be changed here as well. DataType needs to be set to bigint from DropDown Menu and Close and save.

1657229951768.png

That is it.. Restart Service now. It should be working.....
Thanks for the instructios but pictures are not showing

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the instructios but pictures are not showing
That is strange I see those pictures fine, I even cleared my web cache and history and offline data to make sure and reloaded the page.. Try refreshing on your end again hope that helps.

Let me see if I can provide those as attachment regardless..

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is strange I see those pictures fine, I even cleared my web cache and history and offline data to make sure and reloaded the page.. Try refreshing on your end again hope that helps.

Let me see if I can provide those as attachment regardless..
Great thanks pics showing now

MarioBoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this still being updated?
So I just need the cheap $10 Rekor plan to make this work?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There have been no recent updates, but if something significant changes that breaks it for the creators, then an update will happen. This last happened when switching providers for the VIN service.

Yes at a minimum you need the $10 Rekor Scout Basic Plan.

If you want to then obtain the VIN numbers that will give make and model to plate, then you have to subscribe to the VIN service.

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I know I'm late to this thread, but trying to get the downloader to work. I have Rekor recording about 4,000 plates per week.

I'm able to get the tool to start. It complains about the .NET 4.6.2, which I subsequently downloaded. The first time it starts it complains its using an out of date web browser. I am able to log in, but none of the plates appear from the Rekor site. The local rekor web server runs fine, but again the LPR Download tool doesn't seem to find it. I get VS Errors that it can't debug the process, and I don't get a console output.

It seems the cloud download isn't working because the embedded web browser is out of date. The other stuff seems like it may not work because the .NET is too old for VS 2022.

1706236022555.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
When you mention that the tool cannot find the local web server, have you ensured that the IP is configured correctly for the local web server in the downloader tool? Additionally, could you also please confirm the default browser settings on the PC where the downloader tool is running ? Maybe say try changing that to Firefox as default browser or something. Also on the tool can you click Start Auto Download and Start Under Local WebServer Imports.

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you mention that the tool cannot find the local web server, have you ensured that the IP is configured correctly for the local web server in the downloader tool? Additionally, could you also please confirm the default browser settings on the PC where the downloader tool is running ? Maybe say try changing that to Firefox as default browser or something. Also on the tool can you click Start Auto Download and Start Under Local WebServer Imports.
I didn’t change any settings for the local web server, but I can control-click the config file link, which shows it’s working fine.
The PC is windows 10, and Edge is the only installed browser. However, there is an embedded browser in the tool, and that one seems out of date. I can hit both start buttons, but neither do anything after they are started.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to make sure this is a first time setup correct ? If. Yes can you make sure what ever IP You are using in able to reach the local webserver via browser on that PC is the one in the config settings of the tool.

<add key="WebServer" value="http://LOCAL IP:PORT NUMBER" />

Also try installing fireFox and make that default and see if that changes anything. Restart downloader after Firefox install.

In Addition try to manually upload a CSV also and see if you see anything in the tool than.

Last edited:

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to do the openalpr setup. I feel like I’m at the 99% mark.
Web server is running. Imports are working but when I search plates on the viewer nothing returns

IMG_6151.jpegIMG_6149.jpegIMG_6150.jpeg

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the viewer can you Please make sure the connection string is for SQL is correct ?
I think that my be my issue. Not sure how to fix it.
Server
1706323916201.png

Connection string

Data Source=FORTRESS-SECURITY\LPR;Initial Catalog=LPR;Integrated Security=True;

1706324068677.png