OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I, too, see where the data coming from the OpenALPR had changed around 8 AM PST today. What I see is there are some fields with a value of "-" instead of "0".

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting..Mine isn't working either.. I am surprised no one else has said a word .. I thought I was alone

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess we can try to manually import it.. Also I think we can have a tool possibly you think in future where if it stops we can manually import and find what is failing one by one :D Would make troubleshooting so easy :D

hndymann

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummer, I have noticed the website times out and will automatically log you off after 2 weeks of inactivity within the downloader program. Now I have the same issues as both of you. I guess we need to see what has changed in the data and make modifications. If I have some time tomorrow I'll mess around with it.

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@DLONG2 identified the issues, four fields are no longer sending numeric (float) values, but now send a character.
If anyone wants to solve it more elegantly than I have, great. I took the easy way out though.
Edit the DB Table and change the four values from Float to nvarchar(50). It shouldn't have any bad effects, since it's not like those fields are used anywhere in the current state of the program anyway.

(In the GUI you can simply Right Click the Table -> Design
Update the fields (near the bottom) and save it. You will see a warning that it may take a while (took a second or two for my machine).

Once done, I re-started the downloader and it grabbed and imported everything from today.

1599187245973.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I did this and was able to save the changes..

1599189684866.png

Testing now.. if Its working will update shortly thank you again gymratz and dlong

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all for keeping this updated

Edit - My OpenALPR agent appeared to have crapped itself so I had to re-install..

I then had to change my "camera_id" to int to get things working (as with the above mods)...

Last edited:

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The change happened between 952a and 953a mountain time on 9/3/20. They changed the reported time for epoch_time_end(column N) and epoch_time_start(column O). It went from being reported in UTC to being reported in local time.
They also changed value of the vehicle_body_type_confidence, vehicle_color_confidence, vehicle_make_confidence, and vehicle_make_model_confidence fields from a 0 (zero) to a - (dash).

This is the for same plate epoch_time_start entry from 9/3/20 downloaded 1 minute apart:

before the change (downloaded @ 095301) -> 2020-09-03 15:52:03.722000-07:00
after the change (downloaded @ 095401) -> 2020-09-03T09:52:03.722-06:00

They changed to the UTC time format back on 7/10/20 between 957a and 1007a before that it was reported as local time. I had to tweak my setup back then to subtract 6 hours from epoch_time_end(column N) and epoch_time_start(column O) for it to be correct in my database.

My setup was still downloading the csv files and they were being added to my database but had the wrong time. By the time I got home I had to delete everything added after 4am on the 3rd from my database, remove my previous time tweak and then redownload the data so the times would be correct.

Olivier

n3wb
Reaction score
I just noticed this morning at 6:24am seems like OPENALPR changed something my downloader stopped working.. I think its the time start and end they change. Can someone confirm if they are also being affected by this and do we have a resolution so far if yes ?

Starting to feel its the very first field they changed PK.. it is a bit higher number ..

New 847495806
in the past 846129788

I feel like that is what I need to change maybe from int to big int ? Question how do i do this on a running db ?
Mine stopped downloading too

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is why I ended up just going with PlateRecognizer since it is integrated with BI. Too many hiccups throughout this thread. For someone that knows coding, probably not a big deal, but I wanted something I didn't have to mess with or be worried about something changing and crapping out the system until I look at it again or see an update here that it crapped out.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine stopped downloading too
Hi Olivier,

Is your downloader still not working? I don't see any issues on my system. Have you looked at the current CSV file to perhaps compare it to an earlier file if you have one, to see if there's any differences?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is why I ended up just going with PlateRecognizer since it is integrated with BI. Too many hiccups throughout this thread. For someone that knows coding, probably not a big deal, but I wanted something I didn't have to mess with or be worried about something changing and crapping out the system until I look at it again or see an update here that it crapped out.
I'm quite happy that BI did eventually build it in. I may even give it a try myself at some point.
I built the other tool because there was no other option at the time (without paying a very large amount of money). Definitely not an easy project - more of a template for others to work off of and make it their own.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate all your efforts! I still have a copy of the manual you put together and at some point I may go that route if Plate Recognizer ever gets outlandish on their pricing, but the simplicity of it integrated with BI is nice.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing I would say Blueiris LPR is nice.. But correct me if I dont understand this right you can only hold the plates for so long Vs the method Gymratz and dlong2 has built for us you can hold the record as long as you desire. Which is definately huge for me.

Thank you @Gymratz & @DLONG2 for putting this together and to this day You always come thru when it stops working. So thank you so much this has been really hepful at so many time to track down events.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True that Plate Recognizer only leaves it up on their page for 7 days, but it also puts the plate into the BI log file, so it stays there until you delete the log file. A simple import into excel and you can sort and other things, which is nice as well.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you @Gymratz for making this tool, with @tech101's guide I was able to get this working.

Would it be possible to add an option to have it automatically start the auto download as soon as the program opens? I have it installed on a computer I remotely restart sometimes and I'm not able to remotely start auto download.