OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say it probably needs forward slashes. :)
Madness, I'm sure I tried that before! anyway I entered some settings, saved then restarted Docker and it stuck, also config folder shows processor.db and users.db so :thumb:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent. Sounds like you are up and running now.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Excellent. Sounds like you are up and running now.
Indeed, it appears the processor.db is updating as soon as another plate is flagged so all good, I will exit and restart Docker again later to ensure data is being retained. I wonder if the overlay will work with my Dahua PTZ, not sure it was earlier but shall try that again. Thanks for your assistance with this, greatly appreciated :thumb:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Overlay should be working now also thanks to your posting the code earlier, I was trying to extract it on debug in the browser without success, this worked fine:

1630770155481.png

Attachments

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interestingly I have had the Rekor agent running all day but the scrape didn't pull any plates even though it said complete, not really worried just curious.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The scrape is used only for statistics. Are plates appearing from the webhook? When you run the scrape what do the web service logs show?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The scrape is used only for statistics. Are plates appearing from the webhook? When you run the scrape what do the web service logs show?
Ah, OK, makes sense, sorry. Plates are appearing from the webhook and overlay is working well :clap: Will check the logs...

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Log looks like this...

1630775258173.png

Scrape is very quick, too quick!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah it’s giving you an error. Is that only when you scrape?

Is the agents web server enabled? I had to manually enable mine. His service has to connect to the agents web server for the scrape to work.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah it’s giving you an error. Is that only when you scrape?

Is the agents web server enabled? I had to manually enable mine. His service has to connect to the agents web server for the scrape to work.
Only on the scrape run yes. Web server is enabled on the Agent, has been all along, just disabled and enabled again but not change. Odd, I am sure it was fine yesterday but maybe that was not the case.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Only on the scrape run yes. Web server is enabled on the Agent, has been all along, just disabled and enabled again but not change. Odd, I am sure it was fine yesterday but maybe that was not the case.
Can you actually browse to the agents web server with Chrome/Edge/whatever? When you browse to it does it show the web server diagnostics page?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you actually browse to the agents web server with Chrome/Edge/whatever? When you browse to it does it show the web server diagnostics page?
Yes indeed, that works no problem at all.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Short term update, system survived a power outage with both Docker and Rekor Agent running as normal after, with @mlapaglia OpenAlprWebhook working just fine. Previous days data all present and correct. Possibly just need a processor upgrade to i9 now and all will be good :lmao:

Thanks again to @mlapaglia and @biggen for assistance in getting this running. As previously mentioned I will start work on a guide for Windows users with associated screen shots.

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question regarding the Pushover function, mine is working just fine but I don't see the 'Description' appear on the Pushover notification. Is this expected behaviour and just a reference within the OpenAlprWebhook. Thanks :thumb:

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t use the Pushover function so can’t answer that one.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don’t use the Pushover function so can’t answer that one.
Thanks anyway, hopefully someone can chime in, would be nice if we could get the 'Description' to appear on the Pushover alert - never happy I know :lmao:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Picked up a HFW5241E-Z12E which shall get used for ALPR function in the next few weeks, currently using a PTZ which is fine but this is set to trigger with IVS from another camera so often reads plates twice :rofl: Better than not at all but less useful for statistics etc. Been a while since I used a proper zoom camera, hopefully the IR has some reasonable power.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The Z12 is excellent. I and many others use it for LPR duty.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Z12 is excellent. I and many others use it for LPR duty.
I concluded that was the case thanks :thumb: Useful to know, many years ago I had an analogue zoom with standalone IR which was used for 'LPR' of sorts. Look forward to getting the Z12 up and running.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Open ALPR has been working great so far, it seems to miss a plate every now and then that Rekor dashboard shows but otherwise very pleased. One odd thing is the actual Rekor agent 'alprd.exe' seems to stop running once a week, in fact I am sure it happens between Friday night and Saturday morning, very odd, I restart it and all is good. Did apply 'Restart On Crash' application to prevent this but may need to run it as a Windows service since it failed again last night. I have not forgotten the Windows guide and will get onto this.