OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can some try turning their agent web server on when using the home license? It looks like with that latest agent version they fixed the list of recent plates visible:
1623094442916.png

This would allow us to skip the webhook completely and just poll the agent constantly.

you need to add this to your alprd.conf

Code:
web_server_debug = 1
web_server_enabled = 1
web_server_port = 80

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
can some try turning their agent web server on when using the home license? It looks like with that latest agent version they fixed the list of recent plates visible:
View attachment 91647

This would allow us to skip the webhook completely and just poll the agent constantly.

you need to add this to your alprd.conf

Code:
web_server_debug = 1
web_server_enabled = 1
web_server_port = 80
I have the webserver enabled already because its needed for your service to pull the plate images/crops. Here is my current alprd.conf file:

Code:
[daemon]
company_id = xxx
country = us
store_plates_jpeg_quality = 65
store_plates_maxsize_mb = 92160
store_video = 0
store_video_maxsize_gb = 20
upload_address = https://cloud.openalpr.com/push/
upload_data = 1
web_server_enabled = 1
websockets_enabled = 1
The openalpr webserver defaults to port 8355. If I browse to that address, it tells me "To enable the diagnostic interface set "web_server_debug = 1" in the alprd.conf configuration file."

I thought you tried some time ago to bypass the openalpr cloud servers and send data directly to the local instance but it didn't work for some reason.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you need to put web_server_debug = 1 in your config like i have posted up above.

with the previous version of agent it wouldn't list the recent plates on that page, but now it is. we can simply poll that page every second and look for new plates to show up and parse them.

v3.6.1 is out with the ability to delete plates, a fix for the latest image captured on the camera settings page, and support for the latest rekor agent, 4.1.1.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, I put the web_server_enabled = 1 in the alprd.conf file and now have the debug screen when I browse to the IP of my openalpr watchman server. However, I'm running the Linux version on Ubuntu and they (Rektor) haven't updated their sources to point to the latest 4.1.1 agent yet. I'm still on 2.8.101 and when I try and run their updater bash <(curl https://deb.openalpr.com/install) it says I'm on the latest version.

Screenshot from 2021-06-07 19-25-33.png

But I am seeing the plates on that debug page even on 2.8.101. That's pretty need you will be able to pull right from that page instead of dealing with the web hook!

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have added the ability to set zoom/focus on dahua cameras in v3.7.0
1623244026165.png
you can use the Current Zoom and Current Focus to tweak the values using Set Zoom/Focus, then copy those values over to the day/night boxes. zoom and focus commands are sent after the toggle to day/night each day.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I take it the service still works on 2.8.101? I haven't updated to your latest version yet (before the zoom/focus update) since I'm still running 2.8.101.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, I'll give it a try later today and report if there are any problems with 2.8.101.

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, complete newb here looking for some setup assistance. I have never used Docker. I am running the OpenALPR service on the windows desktop. I installed Docker on windows, then ran the pull command docker pull mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor I then assume that I click run on the image? When I do this, I get a new container that runs a moment and then says EXITED (139).

Apologies for idiocy. Thanks in advance for any and all help here.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't run it on Windows so I may not be of much help. I think you can run it with dotnet ./OpenAlprWebhookProcessor.dll without Docker right on native Windows but I'm not 100% sure since I don't run it that way. I have an Ubuntu VM with Docker installed where I run it from.

If you want to use Docker, then you will need a simple config file. From his Github page:

Code:
docker run -d \
--name=openalprwebhookprocessor \
--net=bridge \
-v /host/path/:/app/config/ \
-p 3859:80 \
mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor
You can put all of that into a config file and run that file. You need to do need to give it a path you want to host your config file at: /host/path. That will pull the image and start the container. Then when you want to stop it you would do a docker stop openalprwebhookprocessor and when you want to start it again you would use docker start openalprwebhookprocessor.

Last edited:

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the windows version gives me the error SQLite Error 14: 'unable to open database file' What am I missing? I am at that point where I'd pay someone a couple bucks to screenshare or walk me through some setup. I'm sure it is something small I am missing, but my brain has gone caput tonight.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't help with Windows unfortunately.

I was just browsing the dotnet site, but I couldn't even tell what I was supposed to install. There is about half a dozen different dotnet versions. @mlapaglia may have to help you with this one!

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah, there is an issue for first time users. Create a folder called config in the same folder as the application and try again.

or download v3.7.1, fixed there.

Last edited:

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, there is an issue for first time users. Create a folder called config in the same folder as the application and try again.

or download v3.7.1, fixed there.
Can this work with non Dahua IP camera?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
For overlays/focus/day/night only Dahua & Hikvision. But you can use any camera for the other functions.