opening a turret camera

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have experience opening a turret camera? I have a longse 5mp that just arrived that is out of focus. I haven't heard back from the vendor yet so as a last resort I'd try to open it up and try to refocus it. There are no screws anywhere just a ball with a seam down the middle, I'm guessing they're threaded together. So perhaps a couple strap wrenches?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a recollection @klasipca mentioned in one of his many posts that they were sealed in some way, but I can't confirm that.
Dumb question - nothing over the sensor glass?

*edit*
Post #1 Nice solid all metal construction. I am surprised it's not ip66 rated because it looks like a sealed unit, I am not even sure how to take it apart.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I will send email to Amanda from Longse to see if she can get instructions. Or you contact from their website Longse.com

Reaction score
Did you have any luck with opening your turret? I finally got around to installing my 2nd Longse cam I ordered a couple of moths ago and it's also out of focus.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need a hammer and a chisel (only kidding).

Have you tried unscrewing it like a Hikvision one? Or is this the butt ugly square one?

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's easy, i've done it a couple times. Just unscrew the two halves, I have some pictures posted on this site somewhere. I didn't need strap wrenches, just depends how tight it is and how strong you are.

Reaction score
Looks like I got a lemon. I opened it up and adjusted the focus as much as I can. The picture is still blurry towards the top left