OpenVPN & BlueIris

Reaction score
I just configured OpenVPN/DDNS and from my iPhone I can use amcrest app to view several cameras but BlueIris app refuses to launch

Firewall: PfSense 2.44 with latest OpenVPN server

Iphone BlueIris app works no problems on wifi, but when i connect via cellular/vpn I receive message "BLUE IRIS Check Network availability"

I can also connect to my GeoVision server while on vpn, so I know I'm on my home network.

Doesn't seem like "interenet" access is working while on vpn either but that is not really an issue as it would be short term that i'm connected via vpn to check cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just configured OpenVPN/DDNS and from my iPhone I can use amcrest app to view several cameras but BlueIris app refuses to launch

Firewall: PfSense 2.44 with latest OpenVPN server

Iphone BlueIris app works no problems on wifi, but when i connect via cellular/vpn I receive message "BLUE IRIS Check Network availability"

I can also connect to my GeoVision server while on vpn, so I know I'm on my home network.

Doesn't seem like "interenet" access is working while on vpn either but that is not really an issue as it would be short term that i'm connected via vpn to check cameras
Put your lan ip in the wan box

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the Blue Iris app when using OpenVPN. The lan address is the local address of your BI server with the specified port number (example 192.168.1.235:8081) . The WAN address is blank. There is NO wan address as you are on the local network.