Opinions on Speco Flexible Intensifier Technology

Driver05t

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am looking at outfitting my house up with IP cameras. My house sits roughly 400ft off the road, and I am out in the middle of nowhere, with no street lights or lights from neighbors houses.
After doing all the research I am leaning towards getting a few Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 along with a few other Dahua starlights.

However, I have access to a local security distributor/wholesaler. I have been in a few times recently and spoken to their IP Camera expert about what I am looking at doing. He keeps recommending that I go with the Speco Flexible Intensifier Technology IP cameras. His reasoning is that I will not have access to a lot of external light where I am at and the flexible intensifier will make a huge difference.

IP

I cant seem to find to many reviews or demos of the camera other than from Speco's own material. Does anyone have any input or thought on these?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am looking at outfitting my house up with IP cameras. My house sits roughly 400ft off the road, and I am out in the middle of nowhere, with no street lights or lights from neighbors houses.
After doing all the research I am leaning towards getting a few Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 along with a few other Dahua starlights.

However, I have access to a local security distributor/wholesaler. I have been in a few times recently and spoken to their IP Camera expert about what I am looking at doing. He keeps recommending that I go with the Speco Flexible Intensifier Technology IP cameras. His reasoning is that I will not have access to a lot of external light where I am at and the flexible intensifier will make a huge difference.

IP

I cant seem to find to many reviews or demos of the camera other than from Speco's own material. Does anyone have any input or thought on these?

Welcome Driver05t,

Spenco vs Dahua OEM - if you're having challenging finding information on Spenco it maybe a better option to go with the Dahua OEM starlights as many of us have those and you can gain from what we've been sharing here on setting them up and tuning the parameters.