Opportunist apprehended

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score

Our team picked this guy up while he was walking around our customer's property. We notified the local police department who responded with in a couple of minutes. We have had several cases here in the last couple of months and the cops are really awesome. The subject was caught in the act. This property does not have a perimeter fence and has people walking around it all night long. These are new Dahua 1080p cvi cams with a tribrid dvr.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That guy looked so homeless. Probably looking for a place to sleep. Any details on that guy? Has that lot been suffering vehicle thefts, etc., or is this a camera sales bump?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The company has been suffering from truck theft, which we stopped by apprehending the orginized ring that was stealing tractors, and they were also noticing items missing from their trucks and their customer's trucks. Our last post was from the same location. I'm not trying to sell anything here, just posting some videos with happy endings. Peace and love, peace and love

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That doesn't answer the question which I'll restate: Did the video monitoring system result in alerting your organization, or the police, which resulted in the apprehension? If the answer is "yes," then please explain the sequence of events which resulted in the capture. If the answer is yes, was the video stream being monitored by a live individual, or did the video system recognize motion or line crossing to send an alert which resulted in the apprehension?

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The company has been suffering from truck theft, which we stopped by apprehending the orginized ring that was stealing tractors, and they were also noticing items missing from their trucks and their customer's trucks. Our last post was from the same location. I'm not trying to sell anything here, just posting some videos with happy endings. Peace and love, peace and love
no harm done. I was drinking as well. LOL

That's some nice video.

TiGeR

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Our service is video monitoring, mostly for security purposes. We stream video from our customer's property and monitor it live in our monitoring center. This system was designed with quite a few outdoor PIRs that are installed around the property which give as visual and audio alert. In this case, we were alerted as soon as this subject set foot on the property. We were able to watch him for a few seconds and see that he was looking for items to steal and not window shopping. Since we have been in business, we have not found a camera that will provide us an accurate alert everytime like a PIR detector. We stream video constantly and use the PIRs as an additional tool. We have learned that they will work 99 percent of the time.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. What kind of cameras are those?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our service is video monitoring, mostly for security purposes. We stream video from our customer's property and monitor it live in our monitoring center. This system was designed with quite a few outdoor PIRs that are installed around the property which give as visual and audio alert. In this case, we were alerted as soon as this subject set foot on the property. We were able to watch him for a few seconds and see that he was looking for items to steal and not window shopping. Since we have been in business, we have not found a camera that will provide us an accurate alert everytime like a PIR detector. We stream video constantly and use the PIRs as an additional tool. We have learned that they will work 99 percent of the time.
@bababouy Thank you; this is the information I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: