Opportunity to change and start fresh...

TheLug

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have just recently gotten a offer on our home and accepted it. The deal includes my cameras and recording server. I was using; Dahua IPC-HFW4300S V2 1/3" 3Megapixel progressive scan Aptina CMOS Day/Night(ICR) IP66, PoE Bullet Camera 3.6mm.

I will use Blue Iris again, and build a newer better NVR, but what about cameras? I was paying about $100 apiece for the ones above. They seem to be hard to find now. Is there something better out there around the same price point i should be looking at? Any other recommendations?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 3MP format was quickly supplanted by the 4MP, 16:9 is so much better than 4:3.. they have new 2MP and 4MP models in that price range that perform just as well as the venerable ole 4300 series.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so this camera at 2mp is better than older ones with 3mp? Can you explain?
Yes, the sensor is MUCH better for low light...dont chase megapixels...there is very little difference in actual pixels per foot (its is NOT 50 percent more)...this camera also has motorized varifocal which lets you set the zoom level perfectly so you dont waste pixels on areas you dont need to cover.