Optimizing your computer for blue iris

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know and have read the thread on how to configure blue iris for optimization in ternana of cpu usage. I am curious if there is anything that should be done on the pc outside of blue iris to optimize for surveillance and blue iris performances. Perhaps disabling some windows security features or enabling other things. I assume you want as little other programs on the pc as possible as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After you have followed the tips regarding optimizing Blue Iris as found in the Wiki, I suggest:
  • Don't use Wi-Fi for server PC or any cameras.
  • Log into each camera's webGUI one at a time and set Frame Rate (FPS) on the main stream to 15 or 10, set Frame Interval to that same number chosen for Frame Rate.
  • Dedicate the BI server only to BI, don't run any other programs except perhaps Blue Iris Tools (highly recommended) and Blue Iris Update Helper, both available here.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use a double NIC setup to isolate the cameras for the network.

Also I do not, access the internet from the BI PC except to upgrade BI. I do not run any security software, virus protection. I do use OpenVPN on the router to access BI remotely.

Widows updates for my version of windows is disabled.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try this that I found online for W10;

If you have lots of images stored on your machine, Photos will try to index them all for future use. This can cause your computer to show high cpu usage. (RuntimeBroker.exe)

1. Type or paste ‘PowerShell’ into the Search Windows box and open as an administrator.
2. Type or paste ‘Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage’. This will uninstall the Windows Photo app from your machine.
3. Monitor CPU utilization to see if it works.

Last edited: