Optiplex vs Thinkcentre vs EliteDesk?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what do you guys think about this for a BlueIris rig?:

Dell PowerEdge T30 Mini Server: Intel Xeon E3-1225, 1TB HDD

wondering how the CPU will do with 10x 1080p cams?...will it do the job or should I look for i7 to be more future-proof?
...looks like it has the Intel HD graphics which sounds like BlueIris benefits from?
The processor has to have Intel quick sync video, and I'm not sure if the Xeon processors do, so make sure of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More Deals from Dell:

Refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktops: 50% off

Refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktops

Last verified 8 hr 46 min ago
Dell Refurbished Store takes an extra 50% off its refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop PCs via coupon code "SAVE50DT7010", with deals starting from $114.50. (Clearance items are excluded.) Plus, the same coupon bags free shipping on all orders. That's tied with our August mention as the biggest percent off discount we've seen this year; it also yields the lowest starting prices we've seen. Deal ends November 6

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The processor has to have Intel quick sync video, and I'm not sure if the Xeon processors do, so make sure of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it does have Quick Sync...how does this Xeon server compare to that Optiplex? If getting the system with an i7 won’t gain be much over this Xeon, then I will go for this ...thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it does have Quick Sync...how does this Xeon server compare to that Optiplex? If getting the system with an i7 won’t gain be much over this Xeon, then I will go for this ...thoughts?
The server will have more room for HDD...optiplex tower will only hold a single 3.5 and two 2.5...
the server does not come with OS...
an i7-skylake will be much more powerful than the i5 based xeon processor in the server you linked to..

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The server will have more room for HDD...optiplex tower will only hold a single 3.5 and two 2.5...
the server does not come with OS...
an i7-skylake will be much more powerful than the i5 based xeon processor in the server you linked to..
Any i7 systems like this Xeon server? Seems like Quick sync is great with BI...