Ordering from Overseas (Requesting Feedback and Ordering Experience, Thanks!)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is really refreshing. I am total noob and made a few bad purchases by not knowing what I was doing. Have a decent system now but plan to make some upgrades in the area of 4k NVR and PZT starlight technology. I found Empire Tech storefront at AliExpress and am following it. Good to know I can avoid future headaches!
To buy from Amazon is good, but all buyers have to pay 13% more for
Another plug for Andy/Empire Tech. I don't know how Hong Kong to Syracuse, NY is overnight, but that's exactly how it went.

Arrived two days early.....
lol, we have guys working at weekend to process all orders, so they can be there faster. DHL from HK to US,2-3 days, to Europe 2days, Australia 2 days. DHL sometimes delayed by the customs, seems DE is the main country always delayed, the customs ask for the payment slip for the package,so have to pay a big tax. other country seems not bad.

aaa dock

n3wb
Reaction score

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I see many here are ordering Dahua equipment from overseas for their surveillance system needs--from places like Aliexpress--EMPIRETECANDY (Andy), etc. I wanted to get your feedback on your ordering experience.

Were you able to assure yourself getting the correct region with your system?

Were you able to request for the correct power plug?

How long did it take for your order to ship out with tracking number available for view?

Did you have any second-thoughts before and after placing the order?

Did you go the PayPal route as method of payment?

What were the precautionary / protective steps taken prior to ordering?

What was the legitimacy of the firmware pre-loaded onto the NVR?

Its my first time ordering from overseas, and I definitely don't want to feel like I'm being exploited being given the run-around. Its pretty frustrating and nerve-racking when not getting the direct answers you want, and being constantly reminded not to worry.

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback. I see many "many" users on this forum ordering from Andy, and just want the peace-of-mind and assurance that my transaction will go through smoothly.

Thanks!
DON'T DO IT, OH MY GOD DON'T DO IT.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what surprised me. Lmao. You probably scared the crap out of the poor guy. I was scared to death sending that much money over seas. You guys made that step so much easier.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes sir! If it were not for you guys I'd have a Night Owl system and would be extremely disappointed.

imazephed

n3wb
Reaction score
I sent Andy $1300 last week only because he was so highly recommended here. I cant lie and say I wasnt still worried sending that kind of cash overseas to someone you dont know. That said I have never seen a single negative thing said about Andy so I feel confident in his reputation. I am looking forward to receiving my 6 varifocals and 16 channel nvr so I can join in all the fun. Most of all I am glad I did some serious reading once making the decision to set up a system at my home. This place has proven most valuable. There are some seriously helpful people around here who know ip cams inside out and dont mind sharing their knowledge with noobs like myself.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received an nvr and a camera I ordered a week ago. Shipped about 1 3/4 days ago. Ordered another camera tonight and got an almost instant email from Andy letting me know when stock should arrive at his shop. No worries here.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have ordered 2 ip cameras and some mounts from Andy. Always good communication and he is willing to help avoid the greedy tax collectors we have over here.

Shipping time is than about 11 days, but that is better than paying 50% extra on top of the purchase (handling fee, import duty and VAT over everything)

My next orders will be with Andy.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i also received nvr and 5 cameras from Andy all great !!!