OS may have rebooted, and lost a day of coverage....

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got back to my BI computer and noticed the app is shut down. I didn't notice any signs of a reboot. What happened??! I need to have BI or Windows to be more stable and reliable. What to do?

I remember there being a post on how to disable Windows updates..Was that for the current Windows 10 with latest updates of Windows?

IWindows automatically downloaded some update in the last week, and it says "We couldn't find a time to restart, so it needs me to restart it"...So I did, but this system is dedicated to Bi, and really don't need it to update.

So I just restarted and Windows is saying..." Lets finish setting up your device" It NEEDS to connect to a few MS services to HELP me work more easily and securely across all devices. Select Continue to get started. WTFail is this BS OS?!! So I skipped that, and now have the new Edge browser.

How can I have Win10 OS be as stable as the slim and superior NO FORCE update Windows 7 we once had?..Or better yet....
I was also wondering if Bi can run on REACT OS? What is ReactOS?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads discussing how to prevent windows updates. More importantly your issue is not related to Windows updates because you did not see an updated or restart. Simply run blue Iris as a service and they will always attempt to restart the service if it’s shut down for some reason also see blue Iris tools

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,
Yes, there are likely many, yet often the older ones don't apply to current versions, changes and whats needed to work right, so I thought I'd ask in case someone knew a current link.
Yes, I think I do need to run it as a service so it reruns if OS reboots or Bi shuts down....

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got back to my BI computer and noticed the app is shut down. I didn't notice any signs of a reboot. What happened??! I need to have BI or Windows to be more stable and reliable. What to do?

I remember there being a post on how to disable Windows updates..Was that for the current Windows 10 with latest updates of Windows?

IWindows automatically downloaded some update in the last week, and it says "We couldn't find a time to restart, so it needs me to restart it"...So I did, but this system is dedicated to Bi, and really don't need it to update.

So I just restarted and Windows is saying..." Lets finish setting up your device" It NEEDS to connect to a few MS services to HELP me work more easily and securely across all devices. Select Continue to get started. WTFail is this BS OS?!! So I skipped that, and now have the new Edge browser.

How can I have Win10 OS be as stable as the slim and superior NO FORCE update Windows 7 we once had?..Or better yet....
What to do? I'd start with the search feature in the forum. People don't mind answering questions but you should really try to look and see if this has ever been asked before. There's lots of threads. (an example to start How to get Blue Iris to automatically start when restarting PC w/Windows 8.1)

You remember a post? Well.....did you look back at that post you admit that's on here and see if the questions you asked are answered in it?

It sounds like you're having issues that are more focused with Windows itself and I totally relate and agree with your frustration on that. Your post gives the impression that you're frustrated (understandably) and you simply just posted frustration with questions rather than looking to see if this has all been answered,

As for ReactOS, I suppose it COULD be done as there's people that are using VMs and even WINE with Linux. React really looks (to me) like another WINE. I'm a huge fan of Linux in general but it's always annoyed me how the community continually wants to reinvent the wheel by creating something new instead of focusing efforts to get a lot of progress in one effort.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
YEs...guilty as charged..:) After I downgraded Bi to 5.2.7.12 it was running for weeks with not a hic up as I was in the office. I leave the office for a couple days...Bam! I come back to a OS with no apps(only one is supposed to be Bi) running.
I will look around. I just changed to Service, and I'll check logs to see whats up.

Reaction score
YEs...guilty as charged..:) After I downgraded Bi to 5.2.7.12 it was running for weeks with not a hic up as I was in the office. I leave the office for a couple days...Bam! I come back to a OS with no apps(only one is supposed to be Bi) running.
I will look around. I just changed to Service, and I'll check logs to see whats up.
Thanks for being honest about not even checking the forums for an answer. I respect people who are honest. Good luck on getting it setup the way you want it.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder ...Is there some script that would log me in to the OS if the OS rebooted?
Also..
@Phil Indeblanc - FYI if you run BI as a service, you won't need to autologin to Windows itself. If you still want to have the BI PC autologin, run netplwiz from the command line and uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer." If I recall correctly, you'll then pick an account to autologin and have to supply the password for the account to complete the change over to autologin.