How to get Blue Iris to automatically start when restarting PC w/Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jimmymac, Jun 8, 2015.

Share This Page

1. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

BECAUSE IS NOT A BLUE IRIS PROBLEM. THERE IS NOTHING TO FIX. It is how windows operates. Blue iris does let you run as a service but it wont bring up the console automatically.

TL1096r likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Unless you require the console to be open to view the cameras constantly, the best solution is to run BI as a service :D

TL1096r and Dahuacamcctv like this.
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy n3wb

Im copying/pasting this in a couple different places as this was the only thing that worked for me in windows 10.

The only thing that worked was creating a batch file and dropping it in the startup folder in win10. You'll also want to disable UAC. You can google how to do that.

assuming you installed to default file locaiton, open notepad, copy/paste this:

@echo off
    cd "C:\Program Files\ Blue Iris 4"
    start BlueIrisAdmin.exe
    exit

save as abc123.bat You can name it whatever you want, you just need the .bat at the end. In windows 10, press the windows key and R...this will bring up the run window. Type shell:startup and press enter...now copy/paste that .bat file you just created in this folder. This will start BI at startup.

I gotta say...this is one of the most difficult programs I ever tried to auto start. The .bat file is much easier than running through task scheduler (even though task scheduler didnt work for me.)

4. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Pulling my weight

@ponyboy can’t you just run BI as a service?

5. ponyboy

ponyboy n3wb

I checked that option within BI. I wanted to software to open up and display the cameras. Not sure if that is separate from only the service running.

6. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Pulling my weight

Ah right, running as a service just runs BI in the background so won't do what you are after