Other camera forums?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any other good camera forums out there? It looks like cam-it.org is pretty much dead lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That was said with a completely straight face. They all are in fact dead.
From what I could see you are 100% correct, which makes me wonder why, is using surveillance cameras not as popular anymore? Who knows. Or maybe everyone is hiding from the G men.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I could see you are 100% correct, which makes me wonder why, is using surveillance cameras not as popular anymore? Who knows. Or maybe everyone is hiding from the G men.
It is just as popular if not more popular than ever before...this board has 28,000 members in just under 3 years....There are many many others who never register...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like cam-it.org is pretty much dead lol.
I was a member there a looooooong time ago
I'm done - shutting down of cam-it.org
Dear Users,
I hearby announce the shut down of cam-it.org for the end of January 2017
Inadequate administration, moderation, funds, and outdated software are the top killers of internet forums.

There are a few other less active forums that aren't quite dead, but I don't feel like putting in the effort into sorting out the ones that are filled with spam and trolls... so they're dead to me :D

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its really too bad. But I've hung out on forums since the (gasp) CompuServe days and 300 baud. It's tough being an admin, especially if you don't have any reliable moderators to help out.
I've been on the admin end myself, and it takes lots of dedication and a thick skin. :)

I appreciate all the folks that make IPcamtalk available.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its really too bad. But I've hung out on forums since the (gasp) CompuServe days and 300 baud. It's tough being an admin, especially if you don't have any reliable moderators to help out.
I've been on the admin end myself, and it takes lots of dedication and a thick skin. :)

You may have used BBS software created by Ken (Blue Iris developer) back then...
C-Net 64 Preview Page (also an amiga version)

looks like these days he's also involved in some mocap software used in sports and fretlight guitars.

Last edited:

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Just reflecting on the incredible effort placed into this forum. @fenderman seems to never sleep. Faithfully answers countless questions, many repetitive, but answers nevetheless. Some really nice appreciative folks and also lots of ass holes. Not sure why you guys do it, but just want to chime in here as well.
Thanks!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Just reflecting on the incredible effort placed into this forum. @fenderman seems to never sleep. Faithfully answers countless questions, many repetitive, but answers nevetheless. Some really nice appreciative folks and also lots of ass holes. Not sure why you guys do it, but just want to chime in here as well.
Thanks!
it's the enjoyment of the hobby.