Other packages see my Dlink cams but BI says "No Signal"

DSE

n3wb
Reaction score
Vera and Mydlink, see my DCS-930LB and DCS-2132LB1, both with static IPs, but my Blue Iris works only occasionally and usually shows a "no signal" screen. Additional factors: I do not seem to be able to find the cameras on an IP scanner... but, despite that, the other software packages continue to show live feeds! I have a lousy router running at 2.4mhtz (TL-WDR3500) and have a powerful one coming in the mail.... Could that be part of the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@DSE, welcome to the forum. The cameras have to show up on an ip scanner or something is setup incorrectly. Can you log into the cameras web interface?
Post an image of your blue iris video configuration page for each camera.

DSE

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response! Oddly, I can log in to the camera web interface with the static ips on my ipad but not on my home's PCs (which are now all switched over to Windows 10). To be fair, i was having camera IP problems on my PCs when i was still using windows 8.1. Perhaps this is a norton anti virus issue? Though my Vera appears to just keep working through it. I'll send you screen caps of the video config pages shortly. Thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response! Oddly, I can log in to the camera web interface with the static ips on my ipad but not on my home's PCs (which are now all switched over to Windows 10). To be fair, i was having camera IP problems on my PCs when i was still using windows 8.1. Perhaps this is a norton anti virus issue? Though my Vera appears to just keep working through it. I'll send you screen caps of the video config pages shortly. Thanks for your help!
I have never seen norton cause this issue, you can temporarily disable the firewall to test.

DSE

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks. I turned off the firewall and still got above image and the strange issue with the IP address: The IP address still working on my ipad but not on my pc. another wrinkle: I have a wifi range extender. btw, it's an i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, with 8GB Ram (too little?). Windows 10 Home. Should I throw in the towel and wait for the new router?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@DSE For the 930 camera, change it to the mjpeg option and see if it works.
For the HD camera use the h.264 option.
I doubt the issue has anything to do with your router.
If you want to do a teamviewer session I can help you set it up. Send me a pm.

Last edited by a moderator: