Out of these two in each scenario, which would work best? (only if obvious to you!)

jeremylatz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I didn't have much luck with my initial threads, so I asked @EMPIRETECANDY and he was kind enough to give me some pointers.

The second choice is when I asked him if there were lower cost options.

I have read the Wiki but still feel quite out of my depth. I don't expect anyone to give me all the answers (well I'd like that but not expecting it :D ), but if any strike you as obvious I'd welcome your input. If not, it's all good too.

A. Car port goes out 35 feet, width about 20 feet

Recommended Options: IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 versus
nothing (no others recommended)

2. Front door

Recommended Options: SD1A203T-GN or IPC-HDBW4231F-AS versus
IPC-HDW2320R-ZS

3. Another area 20 feet by 20 feet
Recommended Options: IPC-HDW5231R-Z versus
IPC-HDW2320R-ZS

4. Backyard. 35 feet by 35 feet.

IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do you not order a 5231r-z or ze ( ze slighty more zoom) and a poe power. And try something out. Then can try the lens also 2.7-13.5mm.

Playing with the camera's gives more feeling.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I didn't have much luck with my initial threads, so I asked @EMPIRETECANDY and he was kind enough to give me some pointers.

The second choice is when I asked him if there were lower cost options.

I have read the Wiki but still feel quite out of my depth. I don't expect anyone to give me all the answers (well I'd like that but not expecting it :D ), but if any strike you as obvious I'd welcome your input. If not, it's all good too.

A. Car port goes out 35 feet, width about 20 feet

Recommended Options: IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 versus
nothing (no others recommended)

2. Front door

Recommended Options: SD1A203T-GN or IPC-HDBW4231F-AS versus
IPC-HDW2320R-ZS

3. Another area 20 feet by 20 feet
IPC-HDW2320R-ZS

4. Backyard. 35 feet by 35 feet.

IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE
HI Jeremy,

The IPC-HDW52xx and HDW42xx cameras are significantly better than the HDW2xxx series of cameras imho. If you are tight on budget I understand wanting to save some money, however you will be compromising some significant quality with the lower series. For the front door and for the front of the house I would recommend going with better quality cameras as that seems to be the most likely threat area imho.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any motion on the 2xxx series at night is likely to be useless, unless the area is lit extremely well.

Have you played with IPVM Camera Calculator V3 It will let you place cameras around the exterior of your house and show you a good guess of the image quality.

jeremylatz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI Jeremy,

The IPC-HDW52xx and HDW42xx cameras are significantly better than the HDW2xxx series of cameras imho. If you are tight on budget I understand wanting to save some money, however you will be compromising some significant quality with the lower series. For the front door and for the front of the house I would recommend going with better quality cameras as that seems to be the most likely threat area imho.
Hey @mat200 and @aristobrat

Thanks so much guys for the responses - I really appreciate it ! So helpful !!! Sorry for the late response, I had some computer issues.

@mat200 OK that helps solidify my thinking - the price difference isn't even that much, so you're right I should stick to the better cameras. @EMPIRETECANDY said the others were OK too but for a small difference, I'd rather the quality. Thanks for helping to solidify my thinking!

jeremylatz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any motion on the 2xxx series at night is likely to be useless, unless the area is lit extremely well.

Have you played with IPVM Camera Calculator V3 It will let you place cameras around the exterior of your house and show you a good guess of the image quality.
thanks @aristobrat !

I did put that in my specs - need good night vision, and it's not a well lit area at all - so in that case I absolutely need to rule the 2xxx series out.

I haven't played with that - thanks man, I'll go give it a whirl.

Cheers.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
thanks @aristobrat !

I did put that in my specs - need good night vision, and it's not a well lit area at all - so in that case I absolutely need to rule the 2xxx series out.

I haven't played with that - thanks man, I'll go give it a whirl.

Cheers.
All based on your budget, normally we offer 2 different solutions, cheap ones and best ones, they both can work well for the money you costed, not everyone can buy thousands cams for home, so select the ones suiting you, and then buy it and install them, lol.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Free Tax DHl way to EU countries contains these country, UPS we will stop their service till the agent in NL can handle well, I think we will use DHL only later this year.
Here are the countries we can use such service. For the delayed shipping via UPS, they promise to clear all within next week, bad luck this time, customs there bit strict, has 350000 parcels stucked there and waiting to clear. All docs already sent to them, now just waiting for releasing.

United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands ,Belgium, Italy, Spain
Portugal ,Sweden ,Austria ,Denmark, Finland, Monaco, Greece,
Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania,
Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania