Outdoor PTZ WiFi camera recommendation.

farmer9009

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a recommendation for an outdoor WiFi PTZ camera that will work with BI. I have never used a PTZ before so I was hoping for some guidance. The camera will be used in a parking lot. Was looking in the $200-$300 range.
Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a recommendation for an outdoor WiFi PTZ camera that will work with BI. I have never used a PTZ before so I was hoping for some guidance. The camera will be used in a parking lot. Was looking in the $200-$300 range.
Thanks.
There are no WifI PTZ's that would be worth using.
Avoid Wifi for security cams.
Now, you could install some Ubiquity Access points and make any cam wifi.
I'm no expert on the subject, others here would need to chime in.
This is much more reliable method.
Example:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

farmer9009

n3wb
Reaction score
Still looking,
Can anyone make a recommendation on a reliable Outdoor PTZ camera that works with Blie Iris. This is not for a high security situation I just need some coverage with a PTZ camera and preset functions are a must have. Wireless is not necessary but would be a bonus.
Looking for someone to say I have this camera and it works great. Would help if it is still available on the market.
I tried
But can’t get the presets to work reliably.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Stick with known, good, brands. SV3C is junk, I know because I was dumb enough to buy two of their bullets. Get a Dahua or Hikvision and add the Ubiquity Nano Station loco if it has to be wireless. It'll work right, work the first time and keep working. There is no dependable WiFI PTZ to start with and with the features you are looking for your price range is too low, unfortunately. Read the Cliff Notes in the blue bar at the top of the page using a real computer and not the phone. You'll save yourself some money, in the end, and a lot of frustration and aggravation along the way.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still looking,
Can anyone make a recommendation on a reliable Outdoor PTZ camera that works with Blie Iris. This is not for a high security situation I just need some coverage with a PTZ camera and preset functions are a must have. Wireless is not necessary but would be a bonus.
Looking for someone to say I have this camera and it works great. Would help if it is still available on the market.
I tried
But can’t get the presets to work reliably.
Your budget won't get you a decent cam.

Review-Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI Starlight PTZ 45x Zoom | IP Cam Talk
or
Review-Dahua SD42212T-HN 2mp Starlight 12x PTZ | IP Cam Talk