Over allocation error ? Nas details are in red ?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got an issue with blue iris highlighting my nas drive in red with explanation marks and if I go into the clip storage section under status it shows as all red (0k/ 1.18T) which indicates over allocation error, what does this mean ? The nas is empty at moment as I deleted all the old clips that were in there.
Nas utility shows it as online and healthy.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you have the correct security on the NAS and the BI service. There are a number of posts on this subject.

Has the NAS ever worked with BI ? Are you storing the DB/ALERT/New folders to a local drive ?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it has been working fine for last year.
I’ve sorted it now by reducing the size of each folder allocation slightly, strange though as the total size I had was under the total size of the nas storage.
I also ticked the box to run bi as a service so not sure if that affected anything. I’ve unticked that again now and all seems ok.
Db is on local drive, everything else on nas, this is how it’s been for at least a year.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general if the .Folder/Nas has security, then the service must run with the same username and password as the Nas.
Also on any drive for bi never allocate more then 95 %, always leave unallocated space for a complete set of recordings.