Over sensitive Motion?

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Hikvision camera (DS-2CD2343G0-I) connected to my NVR (DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P, v3.4.101 build 180904).

My issue is with the motion detection for this camera. I like to record continuously but see motion events in the timeline. See below:

When I view these motion detections.. they're all false. I can't see any movement on the camera. Day or night, it's detection motion all the time. I view the files and nothing, not even the slightest movement.
I reduced the sensitivity down to 10 and set a detection box of just my driveway and it's still detecting movement all the time.

Am I doing something wrong here?

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Do I need Dynamic Analysis for Motion to be turned on as well for rules to work?

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, all enabled but still nothing showing and loads of random motion.

Rules are enabled.

Motion is set to 20, with Dynamic Analysis.

Still getting loads of detections, but no on-screen display showing why.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably shadows. Do you have WDR turned on? I know my cams are sensitive in MD mode to the changes that WDR is constantly making in sunlit scenes..

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Funny enough, that's what I was thinking. So I've setup intrusion detection, but when viewing playback, I never get any intrusion detection marks.
I had storage setting set to continuous, set the view to single camera and set the toggle icon to intrusion, and nothing appears in the lower line.
I then tried setting storage setting to Event, and still nothing.

These NVR's seem to be really temperamental :\

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I never get any intrusion detection marks.
That has never worked, despite the selection for intrusion detection and line crossing being available in the swizzler.

What do the NVR logs say for the recording events - is it always motion?

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
I think using the storage mode as Event seems to be working now (I had to set the the threashold lower). Down side to this is, I prefer to record continuously and just see events highlighted :(

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you viewing on a computer, or on a monitor connected to the NVR? You won't get the event lines on a web browser, but you will on a monitor.

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you viewing on a computer, or on a monitor connected to the NVR? You won't get the event lines on a web browser, but you will on a monitor.
I'm viewing on a computer.. The NVR is in a comms cupboard and there's no room for a monitor :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You won't get the event lines on a web browser
Motion events do show on the continuous timeline on the NVR web GUI as of the 3.4.80 version of fimware if I recall the version correctly.
The playback needs to be running in single-camera view, and the 'motion' selection made in the swizzler at the bottom left.

MFuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Motion events do show on the continuous timeline on the NVR web GUI as of the 3.4.80 version of fimware if I recall the version correctly.
The playback needs to be running in single-camera view, and the 'motion' selection made in the swizzler at the bottom left.
Indeed they do. The issue is with the Intrusion Detection events not showing when the Swizzler is changed to intrusion detection with continuous recording selected in Storage.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed they do. The issue is with the Intrusion Detection events not showing when the Swizzler is changed to intrusion detection with continuous recording selected in Storage.
That was the point of my post above since I'd mentioned intrusion/line crossing detection. Neither shows in the web GUI, even on single camera. I'm on it right now and it does not work - perhaps for motion, but not line or intrusion. If there's a way to make it work I'd love that.