Overcome limit 256ch on SmartPSS

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also possible to separate "original" SmartPSS installs & run SmartPSS.exe as many processes as you need without virtual machine at one PC

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi! Has anybody known if there is a way to overcome it? Maybe pay extra? But Seams Dahua doesn't support/sell more SmartPSS. Prices for DSS are unbelievable high, make it no sense.
A client who bough 1000 cameras from Dahua has spent enough money, and has fully the right to see them on his computer without extra costs, this is a really a lack of respect for big buyers.
Another possible method to overcome SmartPSS limits:
Use Devices Export, Import, and Delete for groups of devices to manipulate the current devices available at any time. See if you can find an efficient way to do it for your particular configuration.

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks!
So if I got it right, to overcome the limit we can:
1) open different virtual machines and install for each one SmartPSS
2) Install SmartPSS different times using kind of different names, and run them simultaniusly
3) Export the config and import another one, to see other devices.

In my case none of the above solution can be good, I'd need to provide a PC that can show all the cameras with one click only. I guess to do it with SmartPSS, the exacutable should be edited, so I probaly have to see for a different program

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
GiovanniG, you said:
"Shortly, if on the phone with DMSS the client can see all his bough Dahua cameras, without limitations, on his PC he cannot do that..."
So, install an android emulator like BlueStacks on your PC. Then install DMSS from Google Store. A Google search shows webpages that describe using a PC android emulator with DMSS.

Reaction score
obrigado!
Então se eu acertei, para ultrapassar o limite podemos:
1) abra diferentes máquinas virtuais e instale para cada uma delas o SmartPSS
2) Instale o SmartPSS em horários diferentes usando nomes diferentes e execute-os simultaneamente
3) Exporte a configuração e importe outra, para ver outros dispositivos.

No meu caso, nenhuma das soluções acima pode ser boa, eu precisaria fornecer um PC que pudesse mostrar todas as câmeras com apenas um clique. Acho que para fazer isso com o SmartPSS, o executável deve ser editado, então provavelmente tenho que procurar um programa diferente
[/CITAR]

Hi, you find a solution to your problem?

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, the version DH_SmartPSS_International_Win32_IS_V2.02.1.R.180619 can support up to 1024ch, the problem is that it's just a 32 bit so the decode is not the best.
iTuneDVR may help you with more recent version