Overlay and Direct to disc recording

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so apparently this might not be possible. I have a HP Elitedesk G2 so it's not a very strong computer. When I export the clips from BI will they have the overlay from BI on them? They're much fancier looking than the ones on the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so apparently this might not be possible. I have a HP Elitedesk G2 so it's not a very strong computer. When I export the clips from BI will they have the overlay from BI on them? They're much fancier looking than the ones on the camera.
An elitedesk g2 can be "strong", it depends on the processor.
If you record to bvr format, which you should be doing, then you will have the option to add the time/date stamp overlay when you export.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello fenderman,

Just so I'm clear, are you referring to the "Settings/Clips and Archiving" section where you configure export?

The checkbox called "Add the camera's current text and graphic overly" seems to be the only one that makes sense. However, if I check that box and hit ok, it comes back saying "Files will be overwritten--are you sure?" Just not sure which files it wants to overwrite, so better safe than sorry.

Any info you can share would be appreciated!