Owl grabs fish from my pond

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As of early this morning she is back on the roof of the house across the street from me. Same place she was yesterday and on December 12. She is close to the top of the roof but on the lee side from the wind. That has been her behavior. When she decides to go hunting at around 5PM she takes off to the West with a slight North direction.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How busy is that road that they just camp out in a lane being target practice LOL

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
New development today. The Owl landed on the side of a roof that you cannot see from the street. However, you can see it from the back yard of the house next-door. That lady opened up her side gate to let the people in her back yard to view the Snowy Owl. Here is a picture that shows a couple of people coming from the back yard. The crowd is building for the after 5PM lift off.

Owl Pitcairn 01072023 2F.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the latest on the Snowy Owl. She has been here for over a month now. I was on my early morning walk and I see the Snowy owl sitting on top of a chimney. I walk up for a closer look and she takes off right in front of me. She flies off to another house and is still there as I type this. One of my house security cameras picked up the action.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the latest from tonight. The Snowy Owl flew from one of the houses in the neighborhood to the top of the telephone pole in my neighbor's backyard. I was able to focus my 4K PTZ camera on it. It was pretty dark as it is raining and the sun has set. At the end of this one minute video there is a surprise before she takes off. Hopefully You Tube has it in 4K.

Reaction score
Here is the latest from tonight. The Snowy Owl flew from one of the houses in the neighborhood to the top of the telephone pole in my neighbor's backyard. I was able to focus my 4K PTZ camera on it. It was pretty dark as it is raining and the sun has set. At the end of this one minute video there is a surprise before she takes off. Hopefully You Tube has it in 4K.

LOL Take a picture of this.