Owl grabs fish from my pond

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Made the front page of today's Daily Mail!

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, the owl moved over to a street that I am on this morning. About 6 houses away. A constant stream of people coming and going and now a KABC 7 new truck showed up. Top picture is from earlier this morning. Bottom picture is from later on.

View attachment 149410

View attachment 149411
You would think that Elvis was back LOL . The birders have binoculars, Long time birders ditched the binoculars for a camera and the people without either are gawkers that just want to know what they are missing out on. I'm sure it is into the thousands that have come to see it. It will be like grand central until she moves on..

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, the owl moved over to a street that I am on this morning. About 6 houses away. A constant stream of people coming and going and now a KABC 7 new truck showed up. Top picture is from earlier this morning. Bottom picture is from later on.
I just heard from a birding friend in San Diego that I told about your owl early on and she said there have been so many birders interested in the snowy ,they have a bus that takes birders daily to see your owl. I doubt there will be anything else in your life time that will draw that many looky-loo's to your neighborhood. lol I still hope one will make it's way to OK this winter.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, there is a steady stream of visitors with people constantly coming and going. Being that the owl is on the roof tops makes it easier to spot. Also, the owl is staying in the area which also makes it easier to find.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a picture a neighbor took from yesterday evening as the owl took off to forage for food. We are going out around ten to five this evening and watch if fly off.

View attachment 149448
Awesome! Those eyes are piercing! It takes my breath away!
Love it. He didn't photoshop out the roof very well. It looked better cloning out the roof completely.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, really need to get those T-shirts printed and some other owl souvenirs that you can mark up ridiculously.

Maybe a booth where they can meet and shake the hand of the man who discovered the famous Parley Snowy Owl for $5.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
And a picture from my 180 degree camera shows the crowd building up. There is a little off and on drizzle, so it might cut down on the crowd. This time they are on my property. :p By the way the owl is on the roof of the house on the right. Next to a vent and just to the left of it.

Camera 5F 12302022.jpg

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well if there was ever a time you'd like to make the news, this would be it ;) That costume is pretty cute but it will only fit a toddler or I'd buy it :) Just for fun, I tweaked your snowy. I could have made it look better if I'd taken more time. Please don't take offence. This is my first time I have ever adjusted a background. You said you wanted a photo of it with the sun going down :)

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd think she might roost on a palm tree at night. I'm wondering if it isn't an immature male since it doesn't seem to know better to be afraid. But of course it has something wrong with its brain to even be there. The odds of it living are slim to none. They might need to tranquilize it and feed it intravenously for it to make it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well if there was ever a time you'd like to make the news, this would be it ;) That costume is pretty cute but it will only fit a toddler or I'd buy it :) Just for fun, I tweaked your snowy. I could have made it look better if I'd taken more time. Please don't take offence. This is my first time I have ever adjusted a background. You said you wanted a photo of it with the sun going down :)
Tonight, I hope to get some video when the owl takes off. He should fly right towards the camera, as he has been taking off to the West at night to go hunt.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my LPR cams right on the street above a sidewalk like that too. Very, very few people who have ever looked at them. Mostly those were at night because of the red LEDs. Most people just aren't very aware of their surroundings and especially of anything not expected to be there and even marginally hidden.

The guy in camo with the umbrella head thing is kind of funny. I'm sure the owl will never notice him... hiding behind a car with a ton of other people all around.